Dark Mode Schmark Mode - what I really want

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
DrGonzo
KVRAF
2341 posts since 24 Oct, 2000 from A Swede Living in Budapest

Post Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:44 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:22 pm
Ah! I see your problem, you are using a computer designed for people who don't know what they are doing and need someone else to make all their decisions for them. That said, I don't get any on my Mac Pro at work so IT must have turned them off somehow.
Why is it so important to you to constantly comment that I am stupid because I use a Mac?

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
ALTERED PIANO for OMNISPHERE 2
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
9305 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: Dark Mode Schmark Mode - what I really want

Post Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:37 pm

It's not just you, every Mac user is stupid to continue to torture themselves in that way. After all, it was you who started this thread about how macOS development has different priorities to you, not me. I'm just agreeing with you.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

jancivil
KVRAF
19339 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:37 pm

So this thread is just another spot for you to posture behind your choice of one tool in the marketplace over another.
Microsoft with Windows and by extension Dell et al, then, a salient feature of their branding will be strong individuals who really must work hard to run the OS. Great argument. :tu: :lol:
I may be locatable @:
FB - Public

DrGonzo
KVRAF

Post Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:10 pm

BONES wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:37 pm
It's not just you, every Mac user is stupid to continue to torture themselves in that way.
Why is it so important to you to tell that every Mac user is stupid?

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:14 am

Because stupidity is an affront to the modern world and needs to be fought at every opportunity.
jancivil wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:37 pm
So this thread is just another spot for you to posture behind your choice of one tool in the marketplace over another.
Yes, it's called the internet and it's what happens here.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), UR44C, Cubase, DUNE, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Hive, Substance, Arcsyn, Aparillo, Phase Plant, Pigments, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2.

DrGonzo
KVRAF

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 am

BONES wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:14 am
Because stupidity is an affront to the modern world and needs to be fought at every opportunity.
And I assume you feel you are the correct person to decide what's stupid and what's not?

/C
Plughugger Sound Design

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Clearly that's the case. In this instance, I spend 8 hours a day on a Mac at work and 3 or 4 on a PC at home, often running the same applications. It gives me an excellent perspective.

jancivil
KVRAF
19339 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Anyway, all utter bullshit aside...

System Preferences/Software Update: deselect Automatically Keep My Mac up to date; Advanced, deselect Automatically: Check for Updates
I may be locatable @:
FB - Public

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”