Windows 10 Build 1903 Update (Issues and Fixes - May 2019 release)

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sfd wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 pm Strange - that's not the case on my Windows 10 box running 1809. Or, maybe it's not 1809. Maybe it's 1803 (if there are sucyh build). Now I'm confused.
Yeah there was an 1803, just looking and it seems like it was v1809 that extended the dark mode to include File Exporer too.
I've not seen anything in updates for a new build. Where do I upgrade to a new build? Sorry I'm not really a Windows user. I only use it for my DAW.
Prior to this week the main way to get it was here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10 (and clicking 'Update Now') but now you should have it listed by the normal 'Check for updates' button in system settings (or by just typing 'Check for updates' in the start menu)

Updated to 1903, and XKL Audio has deactivated the license. It says I have too many computers.

Also, Cubase had a license warning and I had to run the Steinberg e-licenser maintenance app which is working OK now.

So if I use my backup image to get my XLN Audio license to work, Windows will reinstall the new update
and I will be back to square one.

Its about time that Microsoft stopped doing this for every update.

I did a clean install - from a removable usb drive! Only issue I had was with the ilok dongle - turning the power off and back on solved that one.

I now see I've build 1803 !
How do I upgrade ???

sfd wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm I now see I've build 1803 !
How do I upgrade ???
Is this it?
I have 1809 updated via Windows update.
Update now
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:10 pm
How do I upgrade ???
Is this it?
http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com ... =KB4505057
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Thanks, I'll see if that helps ! :tu:
My system didn't upgrade automatically. There are updates every once in a while. But no upgrades. So I'll check your link and see if it helps.

sfd wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:21 pm Thanks, I'll see if that helps ! :tu:
My system didn't upgrade automatically. There are updates every once in a while. But no upgrades. So I'll check your link and see if it helps.
My previous post was wrong, very. Try this instead.
Update now
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/softwar ... pgrade-now
Last edited by The Noodlist on Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfd wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:21 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:10 pm
How do I upgrade ???
Is this it?
<a href="http://www.catalog.update.micr ... 505057</a>
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Thanks, I'll see if that helps ! :tu:
If you don't get the half-yearly upgrades, then there might be a hardware problem. Windows won't update, if there's too old Intel graphics drivers working on the system, for example.

Try the update assistant, it will warn you of potential issues: https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/softwar ... /windows10 (Click on "Update now")

Edit: The Noodlist (great name, by the way :)) beat me to it ^^.

dellboy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:06 pm Updated to 1903, and XKL Audio has deactivated the license. It says I have too many computers.

So if I use my backup image to get my XLN Audio license to work, Windows will reinstall the new update

I will say that this is an issue for XLN Audio that has a licensing system based on wrong assumptions and they should update it imo.

Blaster wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:17 pm
dellboy wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:06 pm Updated to 1903, and XKL Audio has deactivated the license. It says I have too many computers.

I will say that this is an issue for XLN Audio that has a licensing system based on wrong assumptions and they should update it imo.
Its working now.

I logged into my account and deleted the computer it added, and updated.

I wanted to propose that. I have some XLN Audio stuff as well, but... seems like i forgot my login, so, i couldn't check if you can manage your activations in their account system. :o

Also, Cubase had a license warning and I had to run the Steinberg e-licenser maintenance app which is working OK now.

I just read your update that you deleted the previous computer in your account. Yea, that's how I did it before with the same issue.

I imagine XLN products wouldn't be the only ones affected by this...Spectrasonics, Lennar Digital, and Magix could also be affected if the build number changed.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

chk071 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:03 pm I wanted to propose that. I have some XLN Audio stuff as well, but... seems like i forgot my login, so, i couldn't check if you can manage your activations in their account system. :o
I just checked and I can't find any obvious place where to manage the actual activations, only the systems registered with XLN. In your account you go to "Computers" on the left and then click the little gear on the top right corner of the displayed dialog boxes with each system summary. There you can delete whatever system you want in order to add another system. I don't know if the computer you're deleting needs to be online though. I imagine you'd have a hold on your account if you were doing an excessive amount of activations and deletions in a short amount of time.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Had reset Cubase Elements license and XLN.

No problems here regarding re-authorizing RC-20 on Ableton 10.1. I was running the XLN online installer before the windows update and it updated some data, maybe do this as well before updating Windows.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”