Overall latency is different every time I record. Is this to be expected?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using Zoom H2n in Audio Interface mode for recording.
Using Asio4all Driver
Ableton Live 9
Windows 7

If the latency was of some consistent value I could just compensate, the variance in every recording leaves me recording the metronome as feedback then line-ing it up to grid on every single recording I make. It is agonizing workflow.
Any insight into what might be attempting and failing to compensate would be great. Compensation off on Asio and off on Ableton.
it varies from -10ms to +60, it shreds channel to channel rhythmical glue. :(

thankkkkkkss,
michael :)

If your adding plug ins that have latency in between takes, then that will do it.

No plugins :)

How do you manage to have -10 ms latency? Is your DAW able to predict the future?
And back to the topic question: answer is no!

I had this problem waay back on a Lexicon Alpha interface. I never did cure it and for the record Lexicon Support were an iota above unwilling and useless.

I binned it and got something better.

I know that doesn't help so to offer something back, I wonder why you're using it with Asio4all? Does the Zoom not come with it's own drivers? If so surely these would be preferable for integrity of interfacing rather than generic Asio4all (as good as that is in some situations).

That would be my first port of call.

I have similar issues; I have a clock going out of Bitwig into my Eurorack and back into Bitwig. If I play that with the metronome they are rarely in sync. Adding an HW FX into the mix throws things out further and it seems to be different every time I stop and start playback.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”