quantum is here

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

not the first. won't be the last. it's being used in science all the time now. in this instance they used 1 qubit to eliminate chaos from time and predict the past position of a particle.

https://www.space.com/quantum-computer- ... -time.html

Predict the past? Now that's easy! :lol:

BTW: this is a f**king annoying cookie wall and even with push notifications. Not going to agree with that. I'll get the story from another source, thank you.
For instance, a far more polite site: https://phys.org/news/2019-03-physicist ... antum.html
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Quoting from the above link:
Provided that the "kick" has been delivered successfully, the program does not result in more chaos but rather rewinds the state of the qubits back into the past, the way a smeared electron would be localized or the billiard balls would retrace their trajectories in reverse playback, eventually forming a triangle.
So does that mean that time was reversed?
~stratum~

stratum wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:09 pmSo does that mean that time was reversed?
Past research in quantum mechanica has taught us that behaviour of these tiny particles is not only mind-boggling, but also influenced merely by attempting to observe them. So the jury is still out on this. In other words, I'm very critical.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:21 pm
stratum wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:09 pmSo does that mean that time was reversed?
Past research in quantum mechanica has taught us that behaviour of these tiny particles is not only mind-boggling, but also influenced merely by attempting to observe them. So the jury is still out on this. In other words, I'm very critical.
Looks like this is yet another instance in which I have missed an opportunity understand quantum mechanics. You know.. it never happens, even Einstein reportedly didn't like it and said "God does not play dice with the universe" as a way of expressing his distaste, and that's not even the most disturbing aspect of it.
~stratum~

Be kind, rewind.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:03 pm Be kind, rewind.
Kindly stated, a lot of nonsense seems to be have accumulated around this theory and articles like the above contribute to it. Most famous one is the role of a conscious observer as described in http://journalofcosmology.com/Consciousness139.html
~stratum~

Lol space . com is a very reputable/popular site. No, they did not reverse time. First, you cannot reverse time. Time only moves in one direction... forward. you can theoretically move forward in time, but not backwards by every known working physical theory and law. They used entangled particles to predict the past location of an unknown particle. Particles cannot be predicted precisely. Particles are measured as probabilities. When visualized you have to picture them as waves, because of entropy. Meaning... the further in time you go, the more chaos is introduced, and the less probablity of being correct. What they were able to do with an entangled pair of particles (a quibit) is eliminate the entropy of time in a simulation. a HUGE accomplishment that gives validity to quantum behavior.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:32 am Lol space . com is a very reputable/popular site. No, they did not reverse time. First, you cannot reverse time. Time only moves in one direction... forward. you can theoretically move forward in time, but not backwards by every known working physical theory and law. They used entangled particles to predict the past location of an unknown particle. Particles cannot be predicted precisely. Particles are measured as probabilities. When visualized you have to picture them as waves, because of entropy. Meaning... the further in time you go, the more chaos is introduced, and the less probablity of being correct. What they were able to do with an entangled pair of particles (a quibit) is eliminate the entropy of time in a simulation. a HUGE accomplishment that gives validity to quantum behavior.
And then somebody has written an article with a title that is suitable for a tabloid. A great way to describe a scientific accomplishment. So the only thing that makes future different from the past is the fact that it contains more information, press Ctrl+Z inside your word processor and time is reversed, not simply the text is restored to a previous state. Cool eh? :party:
~stratum~

^^^that's a great way to describe it. now do that with particles that are popping in and out existence and moving at erratic speeds. funny tho.

point is, this isn't the first and won't be the last. as they continue to use quibits in scientific research it will be introduced to the commercial market. i'm confident i'll see it in my life, probably sooner then later. we can finally move on from 1984.

theoretically move forward in time...

are you sure that's just a theory? :lol:

dammit vurt.

Dasheesh wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:16 pm particles that are popping in and out existence and moving at erratic speeds.
Apparently that's what space is and it's counterintuitive. There is a fine line between counterintuitive facts and nonsense created by people who misunderstood them and it's not always easy to distinguish between the two.
~stratum~

first lesson is there is a difference between the physics of the very large, and the physics of the very small. they don't play by the same rules. One is the definition of (x), and the other is how (x) functions. second lesson is reality is more then what's visible. when we say "popping in and out of existence", there is a good chance they are "popping in and out of 4 dimensions."

Well if you say this is how we define it then there is no argument against it but time is an old concept and when somebody redefines it to fit their understanding they better find a good excuse for doing so. Einstein's concept of space-time was compatible with the everyday sense of these concepts, but the one presented above isn't. It looks like an abuse of language instead.
~stratum~

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”