mac vs the world

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:44 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 am NI doesn't seem to care all that much for the Windozes no mo', I mean the Native Access works here but has all these issues there, they make a new effect and people have to struggle to make their video card suit it...
Huh? :nutter:
:roll: :idiot:
for starters:
search.php?keywords=replika+video+card&fid%5B0%5D=6
Yeah so it worked for me on 2010 and 2011 computers, had the right Open GL whatever it is that people had to know about.
Facts are nutter! Argument from ignorance rules ok!

all stupid insults aside, Native Access has been reported with problems on the windows side that are on the windows side except for like one user, at least that's the optics at KVR.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deep Purple wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:08 pm
ok.. I'm turning me phone off, disconnecting my internet and cams...
now try and photo my exquisite studio

viewtopic.php?p=7368313

Into the bunker.

How many people filled out the survey? 10? So six and a half people voted Mac and three and a half people voted PC. Seems a bit suspicious to me.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

By the way ... what about the people who said ''don't know''? There are usually a couple of people who haven't a clue what they're doing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

All linux users. :ud:

Smoker...drinker...piss in bottle collector. Sweet tiny piss in bottle collector. Hahahaa
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

jdnz wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:31 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:23 am That said, I have MUCH less misery with my Macs (but let’s not talk about how horrific an iMac 12,2 is to service).
if you think the 12,2 is fun wait 'til you have to work on the newer ones :cry:
I was told that the LCD panel and front glass are now one piece and that the insanity I experienced servicing the 12,2 is no more (I have not investigated this claim). What problems do you encounter servicing the newer ones?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Deep Purple wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:08 pm
Looks like a hardcore and insane online gamer. My car has looked similar to that
in the past, minus the piss. Here you wont get arrested if you pee along the roadside or something,
no need to do it in a bottle.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 am I was told that the LCD panel and front glass are now one piece and that the insanity I experienced servicing the 12,2 is no more (I have not investigated this claim). What problems do you encounter servicing the newer ones?
yep, you now cut the adhesive and drop the entire screen assembly as one (and have to then stick it back in place when done - such a pain just to avoid screws)

but even once you're inside the fun doesn't end - we had to pull the ssd card from a 2015 imac (fusion drive) as it'd failed and was rendering the machine unbootable. With the display out you'd think it'd be just a simple case of pulling it but no - they decided to put the card on the BACK side of the logic board, and the way the heat pipe off the cpu is done means you need to pull ALL the internals (speakers, psu, the lot) just to get the logic board out, undo one screw and remove the ssd card

newer ones they've done it proper - flash chips soldered in, when the ssd goes bad just throw it out

jancivil wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 am Yeah, I remember just loving figuring out all the problems you lot have and I don't. I'm so the moron, you betcha. :tu:
What problems? It's not 1990 any more, things have changed considerably. I reckon I have at least 10 times more application crashes on my MacPro at work than I do on my Acer 2-in-1 at home. That's a Mac that cost more than $10,000 that crashes way more often than a PC that cost less than $1000.
"and slow" - ever actually work w. one? Looks more like rumor. My computer is fast af, anyway.
Yes, 40-45 hours a week and I can say without the slightest hesitation that working on the MacPro at the office is a much slower, clunkier experience than working on my PC at home. It can't even do simple things like zoom in and out of Bing Maps in Safari without freezing and stuttering all the time.
It comes as no surprise to see it stated, I think with what we do the world is moving to Macs.
Then why is that not reflected in sales figures? Their percentage share of the market is still in single digits.
NI doesn't seem to care all that much for the Windozes no mo', I mean the Native Access works here but has all these issues there
I've been using Native Access for more than a year now, across three different PCs, and I haven't encountered the tiniest problem with it.
they make a new effect and people have to struggle to make their video card suit it... I'm struggling to not have schadenfreude frequently enough, I must say.
That's because there are a million different options for graphics cards on the PC side of things and NI are probably too lazy to bother testing more than a few. Again, I've never had the tiniest problem and I've only got Intel's on-board graphics.

If you want to use NI as an example, though, go and look at their support pages. They are flooded with solutions to Mac problems but there seem to be comparatively few things they feel they need to provide answers for on the PC side of things. To me that indicates that either Mac users are very stupid or Macs have a lot more problems (or both).
Dasheesh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:55 amthe point of this post was the "there are far more pc users then mac users" argument is junk and has been for a long time. the numbers prove it.
No, they prove the opposite. Apple got as high as 7.4% market share in 2017 but slipped back to 6.9% in 2018.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_sh ... er_vendors
acYm wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 pmI'll forever be puzzled at how windows can be so problematic for some - I guess I'm just lucky I grew up with it.
Yeah, I'm the same. There was a time when I put a lot of effort into ensuring I had a reliable, stable, fast system but since Windows 8 I haven't done any of that. These days I leave the preinstalled software alone, install the stuff I need and that seems to be all it takes to get a stable, reliable, fast machine.
Deep Purple wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:51 pmI don't think this is surprising, as there's generally a higher percentage of people using Macs for music than there is in the general population. Same with graphics and I'm sure a few other areas.
The interesting thing in my industry, graphics, is that there is no reason for it. We are all forced to use Macs because that's what the managers used in art school and none of them even know how to use Windows. But in the 3.5 years I've been in my current job, I've seen the balance of personal machines in our department of 24 or so people swing emphatically away from Macs to PCs, as people have seen just how much more bang they can get for their buck on the PC side of the fence. It started with just two or three of us who do a lot of 3D animation (because nobody with a brain in their head would even think of doing that stuff on a Mac) but these days it is mostly only the female employees who have stayed on Mac, while the blokes all have PCs now.
The newest one of those is now more than two years old and there are only 12 in total, spread over four years. That's three people a year with a problem. How many posts per day does this place get?

Moreover, the only reason NI use OpenGL is because it's cross-platform. If they didn't have to worry about Mac, they could use Direct X, which is what those cards are designed for. I see it all the time with cross-platform software - hobbled by the need to run on Mac as well as PC. OTOH, PC-only software, like 3DS Max, runs rings around any similar thing you can run on a Mac.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:44 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 pm found this very interesting. nugen audio held a major survey at the end of last year to refocus their company and develop new products, plus analyze user base etc. maybe you participated? the results came back and states that 65% of their user base used macs. only 35% were pc. this "most people use pc's" argument got old a while back.
Why, when this only reflects a fraction of Nugen Audio's userbase? Not at all representative.

dont start spoiling his dream with facts

jancivil wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 pm
fmr wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:44 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 am NI doesn't seem to care all that much for the Windozes no mo', I mean the Native Access works here but has all these issues there, they make a new effect and people have to struggle to make their video card suit it...
Huh? :nutter:
:roll: :idiot:
for starters:
search.php?keywords=replika+video+card&fid%5B0%5D=6
Yeah so it worked for me on 2010 and 2011 computers, had the right Open GL whatever it is that people had to know about.
Facts are nutter! Argument from ignorance rules ok!

all stupid insults aside, Native Access has been reported with problems on the windows side that are on the windows side except for like one user, at least that's the optics at KVR.
Don't need to start a flaming war. I didn't. And you are behaving like a soccer fan (although you probably don't know what's the meaning of that).

All the quotes you gave were related with Replika, which was problematic both in Mac and Windows. Anything else I have from NI (and I use Komplete since version 3, and have used Reaktor, Kontakt, Absynth, and pretty much anything else since the very beginning), never had problems in Windows.

Why do you insist in talking about Windows when, admitedly, you don't have any experience with it (at least for the past several years)?

I use both systems over here, and I'm aware of the problems in both of them (yes, there are MANY problems in macOS too, altough you seem to deny it). Are you even using the latest OS version?
Fernando (FMR)

Needless
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 pm found this very interesting. nugen audio held a major survey at the end of last year to refocus their company and develop new products, plus analyze user base etc. maybe you participated? the results came back and states that 65% of their user base used macs. only 35% were pc. this "most people use pc's" argument got old a while back.
Am I reading this right...?
Because 65% of nugen's user base use Apple computers, that means 65% of all people use Apple computers?

Basically, yes. :hihi:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”