mac vs the world

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jace-BeOS wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:23 am That said, I have MUCH less misery with my Macs (but let’s not talk about how horrific an iMac 12,2 is to service).
if you think the 12,2 is fun wait 'til you have to work on the newer ones :cry:

I wonder if its bad to smoke weed in front of your mac and or pc... or modular...
I mean, of course, in regard to the film from the smoke. I would imagine aluminum
macs / modular synths are more stain resistant in general.

So there is that... No doubt this also depends on how much of it you smoke in
front of them.

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:24 pm When I was teaching way back 'in the day', I dropped one of those early iMacs down a flight of stairs. Very satisfying. I used to hate those things.
the early CRT ones? Which had a handle on top clearly designed by someone who didn't know what 'centre of gravity' meant

then again - this is also the company who gave us the razor sharp handles on the aluminium cased mac pros

jancivil wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:43 am NI doesn't seem to care all that much for the Windozes no mo', I mean the Native Access works here but has all these issues there, they make a new effect and people have to struggle to make their video card suit it...
Huh? :nutter:
Fernando (FMR)

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 pm found this very interesting. nugen audio held a major survey at the end of last year to refocus their company and develop new products, plus analyze user base etc. maybe you participated? the results came back and states that 65% of their user base used macs. only 35% were pc. this "most people use pc's" argument got old a while back.
Why, when this only reflects a fraction of Nugen Audio's userbase? Not at all representative.

Fantastic... mac vs the world...
and I thought it was just me vs the world...
how comforting to not be alone on the crusade.

:band:

I don't think this is surprising, as there's generally a higher percentage of people using Macs for music than there is in the general population. Same with graphics and I'm sure a few other areas.
Sweet child in time...

Absolutely. If it is really representative though, i'm not so sure... how would you want to figure that out anyway? If i take a look at what the users here use, i would say it is rather 60% PC, 40% Mac around here (sometimes rather feels like 70% - 30%). Which, of course, isn't very representative of the whole audio software user base either.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 pm Absolutely. If it is really representative though, i'm not so sure... how would you want to figure that out anyway? If i take a look at what the users here use, i would say it is rather 60% PC, 40% Mac around here (sometimes rather feels like 70% - 30%). Which, of course, isn't very representative of the whole audio software user base either.
It's never going to be an exact science, especially with the small number of respondents that surveys like this usually get - too prone to error when you're working with smaller numbers, so you're right that it's never much more than an approximation with a relatively large margin for error.
Sweet child in time...

pekbro wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:40 pm I wonder if its bad to smoke weed in front of your mac and or pc... or modular...
I mean, of course, in regard to the film from the smoke. I would imagine aluminum

front of them.
:scared: :oops: :party: :hyper:

pekbro wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:40 pm I wonder if its bad to smoke weed in front of your mac and or pc... or modular...

front of them.
Sweet child in time...

Oh man, what a mess!
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

im pretty sure that's a bottle of piss!
that guy hasn't moved in days :o

in fact, all the bottles :o :scared:

He must have been at McDonald's at some point though. Probably drive-through though. :D

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”