Apple MacBook Audio Pops & Clicks Horror

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was working on a project today, about 5 soft synths, total about 10 tracks, cubase average cpu load around 30% and cpu started spiking and audio stopping and computer almost frozen , cursor could barely move, restarted , continued working same thing started happening.

The only thing I haven’t tried is disabling JbridgeM , I’m using refs vanguard and few other old 32bit vst plugins,
maybe jbrdidge is causing all these issues

23D4A0D1-6B1A-4FF3-A6D4-3EEA0EC4CA10.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Open your clock and write down the times (seconds) that the glitches occur.

Then open the console log and see if you can see anything at those times.

You will be looking for messages concerning coreaudiod.

If you find messages about skipping cycles then those are your glitches.

Examine the other entries just before those messages and see if you can find any pattern. Some other process on your machine may be causing CPU spikes or interfering with audio in some other way.

lnikj wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:30 am Open your clock and write down the times (seconds) that the glitches occur.

Then open the console log and see if you can see anything at those times.

You will be looking for messages concerning coreaudiod.

If you find messages about skipping cycles then those are your glitches.

Examine the other entries just before those messages and see if you can find any pattern. Some other process on your machine may be causing CPU spikes or interfering with audio in some other way.
Thank you, will do

Disable JBridge and see what happens.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:44 pm Disable JBridge and see what happens.
only way to "disable" it is to uninstall it right ?

Sweet child in time...

TS-12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:12 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:44 pm Disable JBridge and see what happens.
only way to "disable" it is to uninstall it right ?
I’m not sure. Some plugin managers (Steinberg’s?) have the option of disabling a plugin without removing it. Though I’m not sure if JBridge acts like a plugin, so I’ve no advise to give there.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Oops, according to the info at the link provided by Deep Purple above, I really have no idea how JBridge works on Mac OS. I don’t use it. Sorry for being useless!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I have no clue either, but some of the options and troubleshooting listed made me think that this could be causing the issues.
Sweet child in time...

Try recording the same material with the laptop UNPLUGGED! IOW, record using battery power... I know a few people who have to record this way because of a ground loop issue when plugged in!

TS-12 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 am
The only thing I haven’t tried is disabling JbridgeM , I’m using refs vanguard and few other old 32bit vst plugins,
maybe jbrdidge is causing all these issues
The fact it's not happening with itunes etc would suggest it's something particular to what you're using in Cubase etc.
Bets on it's the jbridge-d plug ins.

Try a dummy project using just Cubase's own plugs test your CPU to it's limit, see if the pops/clicks still happen
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”