any future for MacBooks in music production ?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 am
Forgotten wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:03 amIt does graphics if it has integrated graphics cores built into the CPU die, and it certainly does more than math - it also handles logic operations, control instructions, input/output, and anything else its instruction set covers.
Are you listening to yourself? It might be on the same die but it's still a GPU, just an integrated one.
Coxy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 am1.Wheres you're evidence for this?
I have given you many already, from Finder crashing at least once a day to After Effects crashing regularly and the $2000 Quadro graphics in my last Mac Pro card having trouble rendering web pages. Then there was the incident where OS X was unable to draw an application GUI on a classroom full of G3s. Overall, I'd estimate it would take me around two years to encounter as many stability issues as I do on the MacPro every, single week. TO be fair, I probably spend 50% more time on the Mac per week than I do on my PC, so we'll just say I have more problems in a week on my Mac Pro at work than I do in a year on my much lower spec PC at home. The crazy thing about it is I doubt I ever use the Mac Pro hard enough that CPU use gets into double-digits, except when its' rendering (which is hands-off stuff), whereas I regularly push my PC to it's limits.
2. I'll do as I please.
Spoken like a total douchebag! Why think about how much harder you make it for people to follow the thread, as long as you don't have to waste half-a-dozen keystrokes removing the parts of the quoted post you aren't responding to.
MacOS is is inherently more stable.
Clearly that's not true at all. It may have the potential to be so but Apple don't seem to care much about making it so. It's not hard to take something that's perfectly stable and f**k it up beyond all recognition. MacOS proves this amply, don't you think?
Again. Mac OS is inherently more stable.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”