Recommend very quiet power supply

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I’m looking to replace a power supply in my pc as my old one has stopped working.
I’ve been doing some research and the ones I’m considering are a BeQuiet Dark Power 11 550w or Corsair RMx750.

Has anyone had any experience with either/both of these?

What would you recommend around the £100-£120 price?

I have the Be Quiet Straight 11 450 in my New build. It really is quiet. As I'm not using any huge graphics/dual graphics cards or large hard drive arrays, going with the lowest wattage is enough. The newer models are the next efficiency up which helps in it staying cooler, less wasted heat, less need for fan speed. I paid £65 but had a £10 off voucher via Amazon.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Seasonic either Focus Plus or go for the truly silent option of theirs which has no fan

BeQuiet make very good power supplys

Also Enermax are very good.

In that top class the Power Supplys are all very good, difference is only in detail, and they are all very quiet.

The best thing to keep your Power Suppply silent is to don´t Overload it , don´t Underload it , both will result in heat and a faster spinning fan.

Get sure you Maximum Load your Computer need don´t exeed more then 80% of your Power Supply
Get Sure your Minimum Load don´t undercut 30% of the Power Supply

Don´t take 1000W Power Supply just because "more is better, calculate your power consumption very sharp and you will get a good result.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve ordered the Be Quiet Dark Power 11 550w :tu:

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”