If not Firefox then what?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fmr wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:23 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 pm Anyway, back to browsers:
I found it very sad when Opera gave up their own engine, even with all the problems it had.
I won't shed a single tear over anything MS ever did webwise, but if they also drop their engine, that will leave FF as the last alternative to Chromium. And monocultures aren't any good, since vermin thrives on them...
I find it hard to believe that Microsoft will incorporate Chromium engine in their browser. It would be like Apple incorporating Windows as the base to their OS. It's surrendering to the competitor. They would better simply remove Edge, and forget about it (as i did - forget, not remove, since I cannot remove it).
It's true though. Chromium engine will come for Edge. I think it is a good call.

You know what's funny? Microsoft has more developers working on the Chromium project than Mozilla have working on Firefox in total. :P

Comodo Dragon isn't bad but it's great either.

Only Firefox for me.

Pale Moon has become my main browser. It still supports a Description box in bookmarks (which I rely upon for various things) - which Firefox dropped with no warning. Firefox is also now part of the censorship propaganda bs now too..
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Maxthon.

do_androids_dream wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 am Firefox is also now part of the censorship propaganda bs now too..
That is disappointing to learn. Do you have an example?

The official news about MS Edge going Chromium:
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperi ... aboration/

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Unaspected wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 am
do_androids_dream wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:35 am Firefox is also now part of the censorship propaganda bs now too..
https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2017/08/0 ... on-online/
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:20 am
Why is this bad?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 am
Why is this bad?
From the link:
In short: it makes the Internet less healthy. As a result, the Internet’s ability to power democratic society suffers greatly.
The Internet is NOT healthy. It is a spy tool exploited by US, European and Israeli spy organizations. The REAL spies. Only later do Facebook, Google etc. come into the picture. And they are spies too, although a bit different. And then come commercial companies who want to sell you stuff you don't need, but for this puropose they need your metadata which they collect or purchase without your approval and generally treat you like a lab rat with a credit card.

And who decides what is 'information' or not? The guys who want to tell you who you are and what you should think. Ah, it's a Russian site spreading this 'misinformation'? We'll ditch it as a last result in your search. Ah, a Chinese site? Won't be listed at all.

You know, long before the so-called Russian trolls, there were the US trolls, bots, etc. including on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The phrase 'democratic societies' gives the game away. Democratic, my ass!

Why is this bad?
Corporate censorship. What could possibly go wrong :lol:

Got exposed by Assange and Snowden, but that was just a start. There's a lot more to the picture.

perfumer wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:01 pm
Why is this bad?
From the link:
In short: it makes the Internet less healthy. As a result, the Internet’s ability to power democratic society suffers greatly.
The Internet is NOT healthy. It is a spy tool exploited by US, European and Israeli spy organizations. The REAL spies. Only later do Facebook, Google etc. come into the picture. And they are spies too, although a bit different. And then come commercial companies who want to sell you stuff you don't need, but for this puropose they need your metadata which they collect or purchase without your approval and generally treat you like a lab rat with a credit card.

And who decides what is 'information' or not? The guys who want to tell you who you are and what you should think. Ah, it's a Russian site spreading this 'misinformation'? We'll ditch it as a last result in your search. Ah, a Chinese site? Won't be listed at all.

You know, long before the so-called Russian trolls, there were the US trolls, bots, etc. including on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The phrase 'democratic societies' gives the game away. Democratic, my ass!
Erm. OK. But when I quickly read it, I thought 'oh good, maybe less anti-vax, anti-gmo bullshit stories getting into peoples heads'.

You seem a tad paranoid.

No. Sorry. I have a major in International Relations, specialized in security. This is my profession. There is a spy world war going on - been like that for over a decade.

Ok. If you say so.

I'm sure the spys have been at it for years. Do security professionals rant on music forums these days? You come across as an Alex Jones type. All the crap you ranted about has been going on for hundreds of years.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”