If not Firefox then what?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Firefox gets ever bigger / slower and its data collection seems dubious.

Which browser would you recommend? And why?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Opera

Firefox is working great here. I definitely won't be switching anytime soon.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

I use Chrome and Safari, depending on which device I’m using.
Both seem fine and give me less issues than Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.

Some versions had a memory leak issue on some web pages. Try upgrading.
~stratum~

I switched from the new Firefox Quantum after some time back to Opera and after some time again back to Chrome :D Chrome causes IMO the fewest problems.

I used to be a heavy Opera user for ages when it was still it's own browser.
The new management crippled the initial chromium based version to death, and even though that seems to get better as I hear, they lost me as a user with the crap they put out initially.

Firefox, even with the latest Quantum updates is okay, but not very inspired or inspiring as a browser. I have it installed in parallel, but only use it for some specific pages that seem to need it.

I don't want Chrome installed with Google being such an unpredictable, overinflated entity - you just never know what they will decide to put on your machine in their artificial wisdom/idiocy.

So since the earliest betas I use Vivaldi, which is done by some of the people behind the original Opera, has a lot of very useful features, is built on the Chromium framework but the team is quite aware of what old Opera users do not want. Works great, is fast, can be well customised...

The most trustworthy of the bunch for me.
Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Yeah, another heavy Vivaldi user here.

I use Palemoon, all my customization plugins still work, no problems.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Waterfox
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Another vote for Chrome here. Even though i doubt that the OP would be happy with it, when Firefox's data collection already seems dubious. ;)

Otherwise, if you're a Windows 10 user, Microsoft Edge. Even though it still has bugs, and issues with some websites.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:00 amWaterfox
Same here, all the old Firefox extension still work. To me, that's the big draw.

I second Brave, mostly for its built-in ad blocker and tracking protection.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Thank you guys -a fair range and no clear favourite. :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”