Running lots of synths at the same time

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Noisia discussing thrashing 12 cores for giggles: https://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/no ... cts-640900

That aside, the balls out crazy systems go to sound for video media composers mostly. Han Zimmer type projects really are your perfect examples, but anyone working with a 100 instrument or more template (so, pretty much anyone doing serious scoring work for films and TV) can eat all the memory and CPU processing power you can throw at it... and then a lot of users start to collect external systems to help farm out their processing requirements.

lfm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:52 am
VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 am This should be in the Getting Started forum
Even knowing stacking tons of synths might create mosh - tell at least me this is not a beginner. It goes with experience.
I do not make any synth music, never have, never will. So I have no experience of stacking synths to see what they do, apart from finding out that its not for me. And anyway, I am more interested in how far the emulation of real instruments has come, particularly in hearing orchestral pieces like Hans Zimmer would do.

This not to say that I do not use synths in my music, as I always do, but sparingly, to add interest.

EDM, Electronica, Techno, etc,etc,etc,nope.

dellboy wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:18 am
I do not make any synth music, never have, never will. So I have no experience of stacking synths to see what they do, apart from finding out that its not for me. And anyway, I am more interested in how far the emulation of real instruments has come, particularly in hearing orchestral pieces like Hans Zimmer would do.

This not to say that I do not use synths in my music, as I always do, but sparingly, to add interest.

EDM, Electronica, Techno, etc,etc,etc,nope.
Even samplers go by name "synth" these days, so that is a bigger picture. Synth does not imply EDM.

Thinking of taking Hans Zimmer Masterclass myself, when I am passed my books in score.

lfm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:04 am

Even samplers go by name "synth" these days, so that is a bigger picture. Synth does not imply EDM.

Thinking of taking Hans Zimmer Masterclass myself, when I am passed my books in score.
In that case, I do own synths like Kontakt 5, Sampletank 3, all the Air stuff, and others,but when I hear the word "synth" in the context of KVR, I tend to think EDM type synth.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”