Does all I9-cpu's require Windows 10?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The choice for evergreen software (which gets updated automatically) is not yours. Resistance is futile. Apps on your phone get updated on a regular basis as well. Do you hold them back as well? Do you keep track of the versions of Facebook or your web browser?

The idea behind it is that a continuous stream of small incremental changes is better for the customer than Big Bang updates. Those are a thing of the past. Continuous Delivery it is... Not only to the web and mobile, but also to the desktop.

Resistance is futile. Your software will be updated.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am The choice for evergreen software (which gets updated automatically) is not yours. Resistance is futile. Apps on your phone get updated on a regular basis as well. Do you hold them back as well? Do you keep track of the versions of Facebook or your web browser?
Actually Google ideas how Android keeps looking for updates, usually make my first attempt to login to my bank fail - just about every time(not having unlimited data, I go online only when I need it on my phone). It's an nuissance with this stuff you can't turn off.

And for a couple of years, I removed my Google account and did all apk updates myself from other sources, searching internet. But this was impossible in the end, when basic system updates were needed to get an up to work.

Some of us are more cut and pruned for resistance than others.

lfm wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 am
BertKoor wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am The choice for evergreen software (which gets updated automatically) is not yours. Resistance is futile. Apps on your phone get updated on a regular basis as well. Do you hold them back as well? Do you keep track of the versions of Facebook or your web browser?
Actually Google ideas how Android keeps looking for updates, usually make my first attempt to login to my bank fail - just about every time(not having unlimited data, I go online only when I need it on my phone). It's an nuissance with this stuff you can't turn off.

And for a couple of years, I removed my Google account and did all apk updates myself from other sources, searching internet. But this was impossible in the end, when basic system updates were needed to get an up to work.

Some of us are more cut and pruned for resistance than others.
Android auto-updates can be turned off in the Play store settings...

Googly Smythe wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 pm Android auto-updates can be turned off in the Play store settings...
Thanks, I wish.

To save memory that all updates take and complain about no memory or similar I uninstalled everything google back to backbone, but google play. And inactivated them.

It still check for updates and do checks - possibly a bug in these earliest versions now on phone. It should even let that be, when not on wifi - but still do it. And downloading to updates these backbone apps now on it.

But about to abandon this android 4.1 phone now since some apps for banks does not support it anymore.

BertKoor wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am The idea behind it is that a continuous stream of small incremental changes is better for the customer than Big Bang updates. Those are a thing of the past. Continuous Delivery it is... Not only to the web and mobile, but also to the desktop.
True, except we seem to still be getting those big painful updates. Android gets it's 1.* releases named after whatever snacks is laid about the office and MS keeps chucking creators updates at us that seem to make it harder to create each time one lands.

I'd welcome better tested, smaller incremental updates and even fewer major ones, personally.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”