Windows 10 1809

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, anyone updated yet? Did the update on my 2 computers now, and, already checked about some of my plugins. eLicenser showed an error message, and said that it couldn't verify the soft eLicenser, so, i installed the latest eLicenser Control Center, and did the maintenance and repair tasks, which fixed the issue. That was on both machines. iLok works fine, as does Native Access. Have yet to start the DAW's, but, can't imagine any problems apart from that.

Update seems fine. Could be a placebo, but i feel like the computers run more fluently now. Edge got quite a lot of new stuff, especially regarding the settings. There are obviously new clipboard features too, where you can copy multiple things into the clipboard, and sync it with your other computers. The settings regarding that can be found under System -> Clipboard.

Thanks. Bookmarked thread.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Studio One 4 Pro works fine too. Had to reinstall the Steinberg/Yamaha UR22 USB driver (like already on the last bigger updates...), then it worked fine. Spire, Largo, Reaktor, V-Station, Retrologue, all works fine. Not that i though they wouldn't work. ;) (if the copy protections don't think you're on a new machine, because of the update, but, haven't really come along one which does that, yet) All the latest versions, of course.

Everything working fine here too. Also had to reinstall the UR44 driver.

If i understand it correctly, i think they actually fixed that in the latest version of the Yamaha USB driver: http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... 8589779651
Solved a problem in which an application which uses Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver might be
stopped when starting the application after a Windows update, etc.
Or... nevermind. I guess that isn't it, really. Found this, where the same workaround (uninstall & reinstall) is proposed: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto ... 7&t=124980

Just to be sure I deactivated all my iLok and Waves plugins before updating Windows. So far everything seems to run OK, just had to run e-Licenser as Admin once to get it working (I need to do this after every major Windows update) and also needed to re-install the Steinberg USB driver.

Good clean install here with regards to ilok, e-licenser, codemeter, no issues to report (no reinstall etc required).

Cubase ran nicely and comfortably opened existing project.

Anything critical will pop back.

Sandiebox had to be uninstalled

No issues here (elicence and ilok) but no new real features either....a bit pointless as a major update!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The new clipboard is great actually. But, of course pretty much a subjective thing which features are useful, and which aren't.

So far only had to update my KORG nanoKONTROL (v1) driver. Echo AudioFire driver seems to have survived again ("Windows 8" version).

If you use / turn on the dark color mode in 1909 does the file explorer turns dark too - now ? It has been said that that should be the case in this update. But so far I've seen no reports of that.

I've seen some screenshots over the last few days that suggest that it does.

First update that I'm having difficulty installing - Downloads, installs and reboots OK, but on restart (with the Windows logo and the spinner thing) it seems to update for a while before restarting again saying 'Undoing changes. Do not turn off computer' and goes back to 1803. Looking at the fail code it lists '0x80070003' which is apparently a driver issue, but nothing seems to wonky in Device Manager

Need to see if I can find a log file to see exactly where it fails....

According to the net, that's an issue with the Update service. You could try and create a installation stick with the Media Creation Tool, and install the update from that.

Ooh nice - Can you update using that keeping all settings etc. or is that method for clean installs only ? So far I've tried using the normal Windows Update method and the Update Assistant method with the same error, but wondering if they're both using the same repository.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”