Native Instruments Audio Kontrol 1 and Windows 10 - The Solution

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not entirely sure, but I have reasons to suspect that a recent Windows update have caused problems to the functionality of the AK1 buttons. I have a special version of XP that still receives security updates and, last time that I checked, the buttons had stopped working. I never used them too much, so I don't know when this happened.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

hey mates,

just fixed the downloadlink... after i get banned and ip blocked from ni-forums, i think ni doesn't allow me to redistribute a new version of there installer... i also improved the asio performance and fixed some silly behaviours in their stuff but i better dont release that fixes to the public... (had to break their driver certs and replaced it with generics). i think a ni technican could had this job done in 1-2 hours... that's real poor customer service... i'm done with them,... :dog:

they should have a look at companys like u-he or bitwig... they know how to support their community...

regards
strzlee
a=440hz

Years ago, NI was good at customer service. Like many companies before them, they have gotten too big for their britches. They can write the check, but it can't be cashed. :lol:

appreciate your effort, my kontrol 1 stopped working.

I'm stuck at the cmd bit with the dpinst, can someone guide me through that part ? i open cmd on that dir, but unsure what to do?

Much appreciated

Are the files unpacked from "AUDIO KONTROL 1 Driver 3.1.0 - Windows 7, 8, 8.1"?

What is different? I didn't have much issues with this drivers in windows 10, at least up to version 1703. Now I have Audio dopout even in regular use, not just music making app. I'm not sure if it is actually a driver or system issue, didn't have time to reinstall yet, and if I do, I have to chose from Win 8.1 or 10.

I'm trying the installation provided in this post. There where no oemxx.inf to remove, apparently the 3.1.0 drivers uninstaller took care of that, but probably left the registry entry, didn't have to put those in, they where already there.

I'll try this for a bit to see if there is actually any advantage from the official 3.1.0 drivers installer.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Just want to thank @StrZlee for this. Works fine on my Windows 10 version 1903.

For those not so familiar with the command prompt here are some instructions that should be a bit easier to follow:
------------------------------------
- Open command prompt by doing this: press the Windows key on your keyboard, type "cmd" (without the quotes) then press Enter.
The black command prompt window should now open.

- First you need to go to the correct folder. Type this (without the quotes):
"cd C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Audio Kontrol 1 Driver\Helper" then press Enter.

The prompt should now change to show that you are in that folder - it should look like this:
C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Audio Kontrol 1 Driver\Helper>_
(the underscore at the end is just to indicate the blinking cursor)

- Now you need to run the DPInst.exe program with some parameters. Type exaxtly this (without the quotes):
"DPInst /F /PATH ..\inf" then press Enter.
It should now run the installer. Click OK or Yes in the dialog boxes that appear. In other words go through with the installation.
-------------------------------------

And to make it easier to get those registry entries into the registry, do this:

Copy this text:

Code: Select all (#)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ASIO\Audio Kontrol 1]
"CLSID"="{694C0055-8282-44CF-BEE6-E8682953E2AD}"
"Description"="Audio Kontrol 1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{694C0055-8282-44CF-BEE6-E8682953E2AD}]
@="Audio Kontrol 1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{694C0055-8282-44CF-BEE6-E8682953E2AD}\InprocServer32]
@="c:\\program files\\native instruments\\audio kontrol 1 driver\\asio\\ak1asio64.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{694C0055-8282-44CF-BEE6-E8682953E2AD}]
@="Audio Kontrol 1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{694C0055-8282-44CF-BEE6-E8682953E2AD}\InprocServer32]
@="c:\\program files\\native instruments\\audio kontrol 1 driver\\asio\\ak1asio32.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"
Now open up Notepad and paste the text into it. Save the file as "NI_ASIO.txt" or whatever you want to call it. Now go to the folder where you saved it and change the file name to "NI_ASIO.reg". Run the file by double-clicking on it. It should now import those registry settings into your registry.

Thanks for the instructions and the heads up. It's good to know that it still works with the current Windows version. I plan to decommission my AK1 as paper weight and put it to work soon.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

PLEASE HELP ME TO INSTALL MY DRIVERS, IM FROM ARGENTINA IAM POOR DONT GAVE MONEY TO CHANGE MY AUDIO CARD, MY FB IS TATEXS CHAMIKOUS

NEED SOMEONE TO GUIDE MY PLEASE I WILL SO MUCH THANKFULL, I AM FROM ARGENTINA NEED HELP, MY NAME IS FACUNDO DON LET ME DOWN

Does this procedure still work? I'm running the installer, it says "The drivers are now installing....". The installer sits there doing its thing for about half a minute and then stops and shows two "Install failed" messages.

I remember installing and using Kore 1 a few months ago without problems just before I sold it. With the Kore 1 being even older than the AK1, I was expecting the AK1 to still work. This sucks as my AK1 is still in very good shape and in full working order.

My faith in NI products has been undermined once again...

Hi! Please help!

When the installation starts I press Yes, but immediately see this message:

"dpinst.exe does not execute on your current operating system"

What can be done about it?

I tried a few weeks ago and had no success. I need to give it another try but my laptop is in dire need of a fresh OS install which might make a difference. But, as usual, today is never a good time to re-install Windows...

Just found the solution after a few minutes
>>>>>
It works here now on the latest Win10

Unzip files into Programm Files
Connect the Konnet
Open Device Manager -> you will see Unknown Device
Press update Driver and shot it the way to folder in Programm Files...

that's it!

Tajnost wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:59 pm Just found the solution after a few minutes
>>>>>

Connect the Konnet

that's it!
Will try later, I had already put the interface back in a big box of gear :D

Tajnost wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:59 pm Just found the solution after a few minutes
>>>>>

Connect the Konnet

that's it!
I uninstalled every piece of NI garbage from my computer, deleted all files, etc, then followed the OP steps religiously. I'm getting this error:

Then, I've tried doing what you said in your post, now getting a different (but probably related) error:

Any idea what might be causing this? Thanks!

Sorry since I made it work it started to freeze and glitch again so I've sold it to someone and bought Steinberg interface... Really stupid...

Was my last NI hardware I ever bought...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”