EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes! I solved it by sending asio after the fx chain!

Hi everyone, I want to tell you that I have the 1820 audio dock and I don't use it. I bought it by mistake, I needed the 1616 which is the one that supports my emu 1212 but I didn't know it. so if someone is interested I can sell it at a reasonable price. they have to have the 1212 that carries the fireware port that is compatible with the 1820. I have also thought if there is any way that I take advantage of it, for example, try to have power to the electrical network directly and connect it via adat or spdif to 1616. I also have a 1212 too but it is the one that does not carry fireware, I do not know if you could try to make them compatible, always solving the issue of power

Big regards, how do your EMU sound cards work?
Because there were a couple more updates on Windows 10!
A sound card works for me, only once did I do as described by a respected member ClubHouseKey.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020 :party:

Has anyone had any luck getting the E-MU Emulator X3 to run on Windows 10?

polanve wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:43 pm Has anyone had any luck getting the E-MU Emulator X3 to run on Windows 10?
Yes. Just yesterday finished my main DAW move to Windows 10 and Emulator X3 works perfectly. Online activation worked without hitch. I recommend you to activate it via standalone and not plugin. As usual, you need to apply the 64 bit reg fix for the FX to show up and also you need to copy two Emulator X3 program dll files from Program Files\Creative Professional\Emulator X3 to Windows\System32 and Windows\SysWOW64. After that it's working perfectly.
No signature here!

Thanks for the advice. I'm still not getting it to work. It just won't open. registration also says failed. I copied "EmulatorX.dll from the folder Program Files(x86)/Creative Professional/Emulator X to Windows/System32 and also the equivalent for WOW64. Still nothing. I wonder what I have missed?

polanve wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm Thanks for the advice. I'm still not getting it to work. It just won't open. registration also says failed. I copied "EmulatorX.dll from the folder Program Files(x86)/Creative Professional/Emulator X to Windows/System32 and also the equivalent for WOW64. Still nothing. I wonder what I have missed?
Wrong file. You need to copy the main program and activation libraries. EmulatorX_lib64.dll and and EmulatorXVSTi_lib64.dll.
No signature here!

Huge thank you to everyone, with special mention to ClubHouseKey and BodyPrint and a happy New Year.

So I have the EMU 1616m PCI-e and got it working. :tu:

However, after following the steps I still got the insufficient hardware error on the PatchMix load-up. I then as the last step followed BodyPrints suggestion to go into device manager and manually update driver to the X-Fi driver and point to it's .inf file. After re-boot, now it looks like it works. The only thing I notice is that in device manager it shows the device as
Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)
. Is this ok? Did this happen because I did things in the wrong order? I did try to install the Emu beta-driver afterwards, but it couldn't and it said
Best driver already installed

Assuming that Emu driver and patchmix installs write over existing files made by the X-Fi driver should I try to do this over?

Sean

Thanks for the help. I tried copying the files, no luck. then I had the idea to just reinstall to the Windows directories, still no luck. It's disappointing. I got my 1212 sound card running with advice from this forum, really amazing and very helpful. I may have to find a replacement for the E-Mu Emulator software though.
robotmonkey wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:44 am
polanve wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:22 pm Thanks for the advice. I'm still not getting it to work. It just won't open. registration also says failed. I copied "EmulatorX.dll from the folder Program Files(x86)/Creative Professional/Emulator X to Windows/System32 and also the equivalent for WOW64. Still nothing. I wonder what I have missed?
Wrong file. You need to copy the main program and activation libraries. EmulatorX_lib64.dll and and EmulatorXVSTi_lib64.dll.

polanve wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 am Thanks for the help. I tried copying the files, no luck. then I had the idea to just reinstall to the Windows directories, still no luck. It's disappointing. I got my 1212 sound card running with advice from this forum, really amazing and very helpful. I may have to find a replacement for the E-Mu Emulator software though.
That's strange. Emulator X3 has been running smoothly here for ages after I figured out the problem dll files and it's working perfectly on my new Win 10 64 install from the weekend.

Did you:
Install the x64 version
Then copy the two files to System32 and SysWOW64
Then run the standalone version and use it to active (is standalone working ok?)
Then scan in DAW?

If you can't get it to run in your specific DAW try Hermann Seib's VST Host x64 or other DAW.
No signature here!

Thanks again. It just won't start the standalone version. I still have the old HD it was on, I'll try booting to it and see.
robotmonkey wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:26 am
polanve wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:11 am Thanks for the help. I tried copying the files, no luck. then I had the idea to just reinstall to the Windows directories, still no luck. It's disappointing. I got my 1212 sound card running with advice from this forum, really amazing and very helpful. I may have to find a replacement for the E-Mu Emulator software though.
That's strange. Emulator X3 has been running smoothly here for ages after I figured out the problem dll files and it's working perfectly on my new Win 10 64 install from the weekend.

Did you:
Install the x64 version
Then copy the two files to System32 and SysWOW64
Then run the standalone version and use it to active (is standalone working ok?)
Then scan in DAW?

If you can't get it to run in your specific DAW try Hermann Seib's VST Host x64 or other DAW.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
ClubHouseKey wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:06 am Driver fix for EMU 1820 and probably all other EMU cards on Windows 10 1903.

Here are some instructions:

1. Uninstall any existing EMU drivers and PatchMix versions.
2. Install 2.30 beta drivers (EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe) and reboot.
4. Download XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018.exe, then extract it with 7-Zip to a temp folder like C:\temp. Example file structure should look like this: c:\temp\XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018\setup.exe
5. Unzip the attached ScriptFiles.zip to c:\temp. You should now have FilesToReplace.csv, EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1, and the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 folder together in c:\temp.
6. Open an Elevated powershell window and change directory to c:\temp.
7. Run .\EMU_Driver_Fix.ps1 from the Elevated powershell window. The script does 3 things: 1) Disables the EMU card in device manager so we can overwrite some of the driver files. 2) Reads the csv, loops through each entry, and overwrites the necessary files. 3) Re-enables the EMU card in device manager.
8. Install PatchMix 2.20 (EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe) and reboot.
9. Your card should be fully functional now.

Links:

EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe - E-MU beta drivers for Windows Vista x64 compatibility. These can support most models.
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=12479 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=12479)

EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe - E-MU PatchMix software meant for the 1616M PCIe model
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... adId=11912 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=11912)

XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018.exe - Updated Creative X-Fi drivers for Windows 10 1903
https://support.creative.com/downloads/ ... dId=100256 (https://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=100256)

I encourage you to check out the script and csv before running it. If there is any concern about running a script, you can manually replace the files as listed in the csv, however it is 111 files.

My initial discovery of this method happened by a happy accident as I was examining Creative's X-Fi drivers which they fixed for 1903. I noticed many similarities to the EMU drivers, including many leftover references to the EMU products. I force installed the Creative drivers to be used with a virtual device (a Voicemeeter/VBAN virtual soundcard) and after a reboot magically my EMU started working. I came up with the method above after painstakingly examining what exact combination of these files it took to get success as I wanted something repeatable and shareable. I believe in 1903 MS has fixed a flaw, enforced a best practice, or enhanced the audio stack in a way that broke what EMU/Creative had done in the past.

Good luck!
Due to the lack of Windows 7 updates in the future, I decided to risk it and upgrade to Windows 10 while it is still free to do so.

I have the original Emulator X (1212m PCI with the FireWire port).

I just want to say a big thank you to ClubHouseKey. I almost bought a new interface before skimming this thread. I can confirm that the instructions work on the most recent Windows 10 upgrade. The only change I made to the instructions was to download and extract the newest Windows 10 driver for the X-Fi Titanium (XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019). The wdm and asio seems to work fine and my old patchmix session file loads correctly.

Also to anyone else. I reviewed the csv and ps1 files. There is nothing malicious about them.

Due to the lack of Windows 7 updates in the future, I decided to risk it and upgrade to Windows 10 while it is still free to do so.

I just want to say a big thank you to ClubHouseKey. I almost bought a new interface before skimming this thread. I can confirm that the instructions work on the most recent Windows 10 upgrade. The only change I made to the instructions was to download and extract the newest Windows 10 driver for the X-Fi Titanium (XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019). The wdm and asio seems to work fine and my old patchmix session file loads correctly.

Also to anyone else. I reviewed the csv and ps1 files. There is nothing malicious about them.

Was your Asio-Driver recognized correctly in your DAW? I still having trouble with my 1820m that there are no asio-driver available in Cubase (Patchmix and WDM Driver seems to be working btw.) or trying it with Cakewalk Bandlab is the same problem. Seems like after the Windows 10 update 1903 there is no chance to get those asio-driver back in Cubase (10.5) which is a real nightmare. I also checked that ctasio64 entry in regedit but without luck. One last thing could be, that the 1820m is still different to 1212m so it wont work. If you consider updating Window 10 in the future i think there can be updates that will destroy your drivers setup again , so in my case i may downgrade to Windows 7 ?!

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:17 am

Was your Asio-Driver recognized correctly in your DAW? I still having trouble with my 1820m that there are no asio-driver available in Cubase (Patchmix and WDM Driver seems to be working btw.) or trying it with Cakewalk Bandlab is the same problem. Seems like after the Windows 10 update 1903 there is no chance to get those asio-driver back in Cubase (10.5) which is a real nightmare. I also checked that ctasio64 entry in regedit but without luck. One last thing could be, that the 1820m is still different to 1212m so it wont work. If you consider updating Window 10 in the future i think there can be updates that will destroy your drivers setup again , so in my case i may downgrade to Windows 7 ?!
I seem to have gotten the ASIO drivers to show up in Cubase Pro v10 and in other 64 bit applications on my Win 10 1909 build PC with an 1820m. I did so by replacing the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 driver download files with the newer XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019 download:

https://support.creative.com/Downloads/ ... Details=1

I had to edit the FilesToReplace.csv file replacing the _18 with _19 to point to the correct driver path folder after copying the extracted contents to the c:\temp folder. I then re-ran the power shell script.

I still do not see an E-mu DSP ASIO driver in the driver drop-down list of any 32 bit application such as older 32 bit versions of software synths or the ever useful (and free beta) 32 bit version of IL Minihost Modular.

But otherwise the newer _19 X-Fi drivers seem to have made a difference in getting 64 bit ASIO drivers to show up in audio driver drop-downs.

If anyone would like a copy of my revised version of the FilesToReplace.csv edited for the new _19 driver file path, please let me know. Itself it is not a large file at all.

I would dearly love to get the E-mu ASIO driver to show up in my 32 bit audio applications but I see this as 95% success to date. PatchMix DSP loads, I can assign the E-mu ASIO driver in Cubase v10 and select any of the 32 ASIO channels for use in Cubase.

Rawl

Wow guys it worked finally! :hyper: :tu: Now the problem was in my case not to use the driver sweeper, as someone mentioned here that driver sweeper 3.2.0 . After cleaning and rebooting i did that procedure from clubhousekey and only changed to that Creative driver XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019 like rawl747 mentionend. The result is i can now choose my 1820m within Cubase 10.5 and go to awesome low latency of 2 ms (roundtrip ~6ms) which i never achieved with that project before. Really amazing work guys and lets hope that M$ wont crush our systems with the next update ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”