List of apps that can run from a flash drive

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can you tell me how can i install a SAW Studio from a flush drive ?

MuLab can be run from a flash drive.

DIN Is Noise is a crazy powerful and weird synth that is bootable via USB stick, it comes with it's own Linux distro similar to those other tools posted earlier..

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

my list of plugins that i run from flash deive
1)Reaper portable
2)all my melda plugins(you need to install all the vsts and directory files first into the flash drive)
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Insanely helpful. Thanks for sharing bro

koolkeys wrote:Well, it has so far in all my apps I've tested. I have also found that some of them will actually install directly to the flash drive. Actually, all of the ones I listed will do so. Just select the drive as the install directory.

No problems so far from here.

Brent
Right, just like any drive, why not?
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

LUNA runs fine from a flash drive.

https://www.tone2.com/nanohost.html

What is NanoHost?

NanoHost is a free, minimalist host application for Windows that can load VST-synths. Furthermore, it can act as a wrapper which converts VST-synthesizers into standalone applications.
This essential, tiny tool works best for live-performance, sound-design, jam-sessions and testing.

-------------

Also running from a flash-drive:

PC version of Tone2 Icarus, Electra2, Nemesis, Saurus, RayBlaster

I think this is a new record, necroing a thread from 2006, to pimp a product....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Sorry. Did not take attention on the date, since the thread is sticky. Maybe the mods should un-sticky it

Please to note that NanoHost is Freeware and only a couple of months old. And beeing able to run VSTs from a flash-drive is one of it's main features. If you don't like it - don't use it :wink:

... or we could just stop complaining about reviving old threads, especially when there have been several similar posts, also by developers, which did the same.

I mean, I could understand complaints about replying a 10 year old question, which probably has been solved 10 years ago. Or, the person asking the question is likely to have moved on since then. In this case, as it is a sticky, and it seems like the intended use of the thread is getting attention to also new portable plugins or tools, I don't quite see the issue.

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:33 pm ... or we could just stop complaining about reviving old threads
Didnt happen in this thread, so you can stop your offtopic complaining.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oh, you weren't complaining then? Surely sounded like it. ;)

Old threads revived about complaining about complaining that wasn't complaining.

It was complaining though. ;)

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”