strange LED problem with behringer bcr2000

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, i have a problem with my bcr2000.
It's working OK but the on the led rings of the 8 upper rotaries,
between value 70 and 87 there are 2 leds lighting at the same time instead of one after the other.
it's annoying. Anyone here has experienced this problem ?

You probably got this sorted by now but I'll post a solution just in case other users wonder.

Have you checked the LED mode?

Press and hold EDIT while turning the rotary encoder whose LED mode you want to chagne. Then turn the MODE knob (top row of knobs, 7th knob from the left) and see what comes up on the LED display. If you see "2d" or "2d-" you want to change that to "1d" or "1d-" by turning the MODE knob. Then press the EXIT button and your problem should be gone.

I am only reviving this thread because I bought a BCR2000 last week off an online auction site and the top row LED rings are misbehaving, as shown in the attached photos. As you can see, the lights from a given LED ring "spill" onto the ring to its left. The leftmost ring spills to the rightmost ring (i.e. the spilling sort of wraps around). This is not due to the physical construction of the transparent bit of plastic that sits on top of the LEDs inside the unit: I have already tested using a light torch and the light does not physically spill. Furthermore, it only happens with the top row of encoders, so it seems to be a problem in the output multiplexing which I'd rather not have to fix. I wonder if all units are like this, please can a good Samaritan check their unit in the dark and confirm?

I just bought a used BCR2000 from reverb.com and I am getting the same "LED bleed" issue, where the LED position of adjacent knobs bleeds over into the other knob.

I dug through the manual thinking I had just set something wrong, but it looks like this is a hardware issue.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”