Dirty Panda

Official support for: cfa-sound.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what a tool :shock:

thanks

dave

But it's just a little "in 4 parts splittet" version of the DrumGrizzly

I saw there'll be a CM version of it so i went to google it.. nothing, so i added vst .. still nothing .. found this though and i see the link is in your signature. I've never heard of it before so saliva is drippin' :lol:

May as well ask as CM never tells you: How is it different from the full version?
:hug:

Opps :oops: I had seen it before but i wasn't after a drumsynth back then ...... now i am though so a good reminder :)
:hug:

The difference to the full version is very simple, in the DrumGrizzly2 all compoments are in one block, whereby the options for soundshaping are much higher. The DirtyPanda Drumbox is a kind of 1to4 strip-down version. Where the engine of DrumGrizzly is just stripped to 4 sperate modules. So defintiv not so flexible for the shaping of one sound, as to have the full engine for it :wink:

Best way to see, what the full version brings, is to check the demo-version :D

What sort of sounds can be had from the FM module?

Mister36 wrote:What sort of sounds can be had from the FM module?
Wild and harsh pings and thuds. For what it is, it sounds good. At first I really wanted to like this as a nice little drum synth. No cymbals, but nice potential for tribal techno groove. The biggest limitation, for me, is that you cannot change the attack on any of the drums, so, they all click, annoyingly. If you want that click, this thing has it in spades and you can get some grimy drum loops from it. If you want to tame it, just a bit, it's resistant.

Also, although there seems to be interest variation in the sound from the modeling, velocity did not seem to do anything at all.

I'm not sure that I'll be able to use it, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised at how nice the tones were. Further, I actually prefer limited and focused drum modules as opposed to one module with lots of options. With snare and clap modules, velocity sensitivity, and the ability to set the attack time, this thing might not get much rest.

About the clicks, i mentioned long, if let them in, or redesign the complete sound engine, but i thinked the clicks give the sounds a little bit more own character. Not so static...

Maybe, after the next DrumGrizly update, Dirty Panda receives also one, with less clicking(which comes only on very fast note retriggering), internal improvments and small tweaks on the GUI.
The suggestion of attack time and velocity, i will think about it. Velocity would be a good addition, like option button for velocity on/off.

Attack time, hmmm it's mainly focused on percussive sounds, so maybe for the fm module it would be an option. But please mind it's a freebie/magware. A smaller one, so it's logical very secondary on the workplans
:wink:

Cyforce wrote:About the clicks, i mentioned long, if let them in, or redesign the complete sound engine, but i thinked the clicks give the sounds a little bit more own character. Not so static...

Maybe, after the next DrumGrizly update, Dirty Panda receives also one, with less clicking(which comes only on very fast note retriggering), internal improvments and small tweaks on the GUI.
The suggestion of attack time and velocity, i will think about it. Velocity would be a good addition, like option button for velocity on/off.

Attack time, hmmm it's mainly focused on percussive sounds, so maybe for the fm module it would be an option. But please mind it's a freebie/magware. A smaller one, so it's logical very secondary on the workplans
:wink:
I'm not asking you to update it for free, rather, I'm giving you feedback on what makes a drum synth valuable to me. As far as attack time and clicks, I agree, it's a percussion synth, which is why you want very subtle changes across the range of the dial. Label it "click", for example, and adjust the attack time with full CCW as fast as your engine can go, and full CW a few tens of milliseconds at most.

Anyway, if you want the clicks, then it's an interesting synth. I think that sometimes you want the clicks, but not always. As far as with fast note retriggering, though, I was getting serious clicks on a 4/4 kick beat at 128BPM. So I wouldn't call that fast.

Well sorry for my misunderstanding, and thanks a lot for the feedback. Only with feedback from the user's products can be improved to get better :)

Through your feedback i'm now slowly thinking about updating the dirty panda. With some additions.
Like env-shape control and overdrive for the kick module, attack and filter with envelope for the fm module, aswell as the velocity option.
To preverse the random clicking the engine would need a complete re-design, so this is a little bit unsure, but i will try it. :wink:

Cyforce wrote:thinking about updating the dirty panda. With some additions.
Like env-shape control and overdrive for the kick module, attack and filter with envelope for the fm module, aswell as the velocity option.
Yes please :hyper: :tu:

Another idea(so just btw) which i had some months ago, to add the modules as solo versions in the package. So that there is on the one hand the full dirty panda drumbox on the other also the modules(like fm, kick etc) as mini solo vsti.

Good news, found the final way/workaround to remove the "unwanted click" completely.
But through this maybe previously presets won't sound same as before.

Anyway, at first comes a refreshed version of the DrumGrizzly with new features and also no-unwanted-clicking. :wink:

I just bought drum grizzly 2 a few days ago so how to go about getting new update, am I eligible for a free upgrade or will I have to pay again if you release in a few days??

Trakstar wrote:I just bought drum grizzly 2 a few days ago so how to go about getting new update, am I eligible for a free upgrade or will I have to pay again if you release in a few days??
No worry, all updates will be for free, same as for MonoGrizzly who gets also a big overhaul.

Through the new internal architecture it keeps a while to test it all deeply and also the some new detail features, like attack control for the FM Mod, a new lofi module.

Return to “CFA-Sound”