Renegade Acoustic FX presets behavior

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought Renegade Acoustic and it sounds great. But the FX preset window has some odd behavior that people should know about.

If you select a preset like "Amp Room" and make adjustments to any of the FX parameters, those new FX settings automatically overwrite the "Amp Room" factory FX settings in that instance of Renegade Acoustic in that instance of Kontakt. If you have another instance of Renegade Acoustic in another instance of Kontakt on another track in your project, the original FX settings for "Amp Room" still appear. So the changes you make to a preset don't seem to propagate to all loaded instances of Renegade Acoustic.

If you want to get back to an original factory preset after you've made FX adjustments to it, you have to unload Renegade Acoustic from Kontakt and reload the Renegade Acoustic.nki. Then all the factory FX presets come back with their original values.

Once you know about this, it's easy enough to deal with. And maybe this is the only way Indiginus can make the FX presets work within Kontakt. But if it's possible, I would prefer that whenever you select an FX preset, the values always revert to the original factory preset values. The same goes for the "User" preset slots.

I'm on Mac 10.12.6 and Studio One 3.5.2

There is a hidden button located just below the small, square guitar icon, and above the Solo button. It is only available when the FX edit panel is open, or in Strum mode. It will allow you to save your presets to disk, as well as load in the default settings. This was meant to be used during development, but it is still there to use.

tcollins wrote:There is a hidden button located just below the small, square guitar icon, and above the Solo button. It is only available when the FX edit panel is open, or in Strum mode. It will allow you to save your presets to disk, as well as load in the default settings. This was meant to be used during development, but it is still there to use.
Thank you. That button is there and allows quick access to default FX presets as you say. I'm really enjoying the sound and programing options of Renegade Acoustic. Hand problems are making it difficult for me to play the acoustic guitar these days, and this product makes it possible for me to get authentic-sounding acoustic guitar parts into the recordings I'm doing.

Return to “Indiginus”