UJAM Amber Virtual Guitar vs. StrumMaker IV

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just watched the Groove3 tutorial by Eli Krantzberg on Amber. As usual, his tutorial is great.

You may know that the UJAM developers are part of the Wizoo team that made the Virtual Guitarist for Steinberg.

It is a beautiful sounding instrument with great tonal variation controls and is easy to use .

However, it is inferior to StrumMaker IV in multiple ways.

1. You do not have the option to create your own rhythm patterns.
2. You do not have the option to create your own chord variations.
3. You do not have the option to delete selected strings to be included in the chord.
4. You do not have the option to mimic a capo or bar chord.
5. You do not have the option (as best I can tell from the manual ... I am awaiting an answer from UJAM tech support) to get MIDI output of the actual notes triggered to record for other uses.
6. You can not program all chords to trigger patterns ... although you can play the actual chord to capture it in a MIDI sequence.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

I tried the full program demo of Amber. I was mightily unimpressed.

jonny_g wrote:I tried the full program demo of Amber. I was mightily unimpressed.
Sure, there is lots to like about Amber ... but that does not change any of my points with respect to the superior musicality and programmability of Strum Maker IV.

If you are not interested in those features, of course then they would not enter into your evaluation.

FWIW I did contact Amber's developers and the stated they were considering adding an 'under the hood' feature to permit adding user rhyrtms.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Return to “Indiginus”