Save Diatonic Chord Progression?

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to be able to save a diatonic chord progression.

For example, in C Major referencing the keyboard keys in the StrumMaker IV GUI.

'C' key would be C Major
'D' key would be D Minor
'E' key would be E Minor
'F' key would be F Major
'G' key would be G Major
'A' key would be A Minor
'B' key would be B Dim

I would like to use the sharp/ flat keys to fill out the chordal variations using all 12 keys. For an example, 'G#'' key could be G7.

Is there anyway to save something like this to a single loadable preset?

Or would I have to either save all 12 choices individually to their respective chords ... or save the variations to one key/ chord with, for example, D Minor written to the C Minor variation on C and then use the variation keys to change the chord?

Thanks.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

The easiest way to save a setup like this is to save the instrument under a new name, like "SM4 progression in C".
You could also create a setup in Cubase, where you use keyswitches in the first bar, or before the song begins, to set the chords in advance. I use this technique quite a bit.

Ah! Certainly makes sense. I am trying to remember how to save a Kontakt instrument without also duplicating the samples.

I've also got to dig further into Cubase Track presets ... I suppose you could use that for customizing key and chord progression sets.

With respect to the Cubase setup, I think you'd still have to setup a number of custom user chords to be able to use all the non-diatonic keyboard keys ... but then by using transpose in the Inspector for different keys, I guess you'd only have to set it up once.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Return to “Indiginus”