Importing Solid State Symphony MIDI DEMO files iinto Cubase

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to get the DEMO SSS MIDI files to play in Cubase . Could somebody tell
me the steps to take ?

When I import the DEMO SSS file into Cubase, it appears on one MIDI track. But there appear
to be two melodic lines.

I then try to separate out the various parts in the single MIDI file to their own separate MIDI tracks
using the MIDI>Dissolve Part function in Cubase so I can assign the correct SSS patch or instrument to each corresponding track.

However the option to dissolve to separate MIDI channels is grayed out and not active.
I assume from this that the MIDI demo files provided for SSS are all on one channel ?

If so, how do you assign the proper instruments to the notes ?

And how do you know which patch the DEMO composer was using for each note or
each line of notes in the MIDI track just imported into Cubase ?

I would LOVE to get these files playing so I can learn from them, as they are all amazing.
I purchased the SSS several months ago but only now got around to playing with it, and it
is fantastic and an incredible bargain.

So... please HELP.

Regards,

Bob

1. Have you made sure that the MIDI file is selected in the project window? (Not just the MIDI track itself in the inspector.)

2. Does the dissolve notes to separate tracks option appeared enabled?

3. Presumably the MIDI Demo track is one of trigger notes, not of musical MIDI notes. I don't actually know the demo you are trying, I am only answering from the basis of my experience with Cubase and StrumMaker IV. It is probably intended to play something to a chord progression with some phrase/ variation triggering ... so maybe you don't assign it to different instruments but only to a single patch?
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Some of the demos are meant for use with the Preset or snapshot of the same name, and are using the automated features. This is why they would only have a couple of notes playing.

Return to “Indiginus”