Solid State Symphony v1.5

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First of all, if you haven't got this yet - why not? It sounds good, it's very flexible, will work well in many circumstances, is excellent value and is fun!

------------------
I have noticed a few hiccoughs (Tracy is fixing them as I type and will issue an update soon). These were using the Kontakt 4 .nkis but may occur in K5 too.
(a) if I open a preset with either of the Chord selectors set and play or click on the lower blue keys first, the generated sound is loud and unpleasant - this can be avoided by playing or clicking one of the 'chord keys' (in the green or orange areas) first.

(b) If I show the Mixer, then hide it, the 4 options in the central area are not redisplayed.

(c) For the 'Highlands' preset, on initial loading the Orchestra display is not displayed; I disabled/enabled the Orchestra element and saved the Kontakt instrument (with a slightly different name, just in case) after that it work as expected.

If, like me, you got a bit confused about what sounds you would hear, have a look at the Mixer - in particular the Velocity Switches and Key Ranges. The different instrument classes are set to different ranges; also note that individual instruments may not be mapped to the complete Velocity or Key range defined in the Mixer.

Carry on jammin'
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

You should have got the email about the v1.5.1 update by now - (a) and (b) are fixed here
:)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Got no e-mail so far. :(

Tracy, would you consider adding the capability to load user samples into some sections of SSS, such as Gated Pad and possibly Padscapes and Perc/Bass?

You can open the instrument edit mode and replace the samples yourself easily...

EvilDragon wrote:You can open the instrument edit mode and replace the samples yourself easily...
Thanks for reply, I'll see what I can find out about it.

Hi Guys- There are actually dedicated groups for custom samples in the Gated Pad and PitchMod 1 and PitchMod 2. They are not mentioned in the new manual because I simply forgot about them, and they were left over from the old version.
You have to look for them, but they are:

PG_Custom. This group can be selected in the Gated Pad menu under "PG_Custom.
PM1_Custom and PM2_Custom. These groups can be selected the the PitchMod 1 and 2 menus under "Custom".

You must drag your samples into those Groups to access them.

This is mentioned in the old user guide, or in the "SSS Classic User Guide". These groups are no longer at the bottom of the list in the Group Editor, since so many changes have happened since the update.

-TC

Thanks much Tracy. I'll explore those options.

Return to “Indiginus”