Spline EQ - how to create a steep HPF?

Official support for: photosounder.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, I missed your reply here completely!

I understand that you might not love doing this (we cannot be good at everything, right), but I believe it is essential, if you want to make your products more popular.
But hey, you don't have to do everything all by yourself...
Outsource what you are not good at, or just don't like doing ;)

I think it's great that you write a text first.
There are more than enough videos on the net with just nonsense talking, and not getting to the point.
No need to make another one :roll:

As is it is now the text reads itself a bit complicated... maybe try to keep it a bit simpler.
But on the other hand I am sure that it will be much easier to understand once you see the EQ itself in action.
Btw I want to end the video with an explanation of why more resolution doesn't mean a better sound and can even mean a worse sound, and show the effects of ringing and how they compare to clicks when clipping a sound, but it might take several minutes and it might be kinda heavy, should I do it anyway?
I think you should do it... sounds interesting, and I don't know many videos that show and explain ringing.
But maybe make a seperate video about it? No need to show everything in one single video.
You could do even 3 videos... spline eq basics, spline eq advanced, and then one just on the stuff you mentioned...

Oh yeah I hate tutorial videos that are totally improvised, with the first 3 minutes having nothing whatsoever happening on screen with the narrator going "Hey guys, X here, uh, so uuuuuh.. let me just...". I like to make videos tight and not waste time (although some say it goes too fast), but of course that takes more preparation.

I guess you're right, I should break it up into smaller videos, plus I'd get that done sooner than if I make a tightly-packed 10 minute video that covers everything.

And yeah I'm sure it won't seem that complicated when you see that what I'm describing generally just involves moving a couple of dots around.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

the first 3 minutes having nothing whatsoever happening on screen with the narrator going "Hey guys, X here, uh, so uuuuuh.. let me just...".
I know exactly what you mean :D
I guess you're right, I should break it up into smaller videos, plus I'd get that done sooner than if I make a tightly-packed 10 minute video that covers everything.
Yes, I think so.
You also don't have to release all at the same time... start with the basics.
And now...

An die Arbeit! :hihi:

Return to “Photosounder”