Photosounder 1.9 with live synthesis is out!

Official support for: photosounder.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well.
I am new here (thanks to the ongoing ease of access <3) so don't know if these ideas have been posted, the more I look they seem unavoidable:

//I am not particularly fond of Live Photosounder.
Being an spectral tool, it comes just perfect for delicate freqs intervention; sound creation, alteration or repair.
Am I alone in this? but making it a live tool surely limits its algorithms' complexity and appears as counter intuitive to its existing strengths, unless of course, the performer controls its sound with VR or hololens ala Tony Stark, but we still are far from it, I believe...

///Has the integration of Spiral with Photosounder occurred to anyone? Spiral looks like the perfect lay out to alter/extract with precision and Photosounder provides the tools to do it. Or let me rephrase it; Why do they come to be separated? is there a reason for this?
(Edit; further reading threads in this forum, I see that Spiral and Photosounder were actually developed in separated time frames, which explains the situation, but does not rule out their potential integration further on)

Nspace wrote:making it a live tool surely limits its algorithms' complexity and appears as counter intuitive to its existing strengths, unless of course, the performer controls its sound with VR or hololens ala Tony Stark, but we still are far from it, I believe...
Wait, what are you talking about, where is this coming from?
Nspace wrote:///Has the integration of Spiral with Photosounder occurred to anyone? Spiral looks like the perfect lay out to alter/extract with precision and Photosounder provides the tools to do it. Or let me rephrase it; Why do they come to be separated? is there a reason for this?
(Edit; further reading threads in this forum, I see that Spiral and Photosounder were actually developed in separated time frames, which explains the situation, but does not rule out their potential integration further on)
Very different time frames indeed. I could see the DAW-like future version of Photosounder having Spiral visualisation, I could even see it being used as pitch input (it might be useful for certain kinds of sounds), but just how would you use it to edit the sound, the main problem I see is that Spiral only represents just a point in time.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

A_SN wrote: Wait, what are you talking about, where is this coming from?
Just a late night creative :hihi: comentary, since most every spectral tool I know of, use CPUs intensively/latency, hence the perceived incompatibility with live use. A focus that appears as it might deter its strengths' development.
A_SN wrote:I see is that Spiral only represents just a point in time.
Don't understand this, but again I am new here, am admiring your creative work and sure need to learn much more.
Last edited by Nspace on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nspace wrote:
A_SN wrote: Wait, what are you talking about, where is this coming from?
Just a late night creative :hihi: comentary, since most every spectral tool I know of use CPUs intensively, hence the perceived incompatibility with live use. A focus that appears as it might deter its strengths' development.
But where did you get that? What are you talking about? And did you try Photosounder's live synthesis? It's hardly very demanding on the CPU.
Nspace wrote:
A_SN wrote:I see is that Spiral only represents just a point in time.
Don't understand this, but again I am new here, am admiring your creative work and sure need to learn much more.
It represents just a precise moment in time. How do you use that to edit more than a fraction of a second?
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

A_SN wrote:But where did you get that? What are you talking about? And did you try Photosounder's live synthesis? It's hardly very demanding on the CPU.
Iris 2 to name the biggest offender. Good to know Photosounder is different.
A_SN wrote: It represents just a precise moment in time. How do you use that to edit more than a fraction of a second?
Your own idea above, of it being used as pitch input, looks as a very good way into the integration, but I am far from understanding Spiral, just from the distance the integration looked as ideal.

I love Photosounder's live synthesis, it is amazing. Totally against making it into a after-thought.

Return to “Photosounder”