Latest release/build/beta

Official support for: photosounder.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

c_voltage wrote:Photosounder non-commercial license unavailable to buy for now ?
Yes, it's gone. The reason for that is because now Photosounder and SplineEQ are available on PluginBoutique and it was a bit overly complicated to make PIB handle two different license types (and it seemed to make sense to have my website do the same, I thought it might be unfair to PIB if they bring me all this traffic and people end up buying the cheaper license directly from me). The good news is that now the full license costs $79 instead of $175.

I would have warned you guys a couple of weeks ahead of time as I usually do when I change the price but I was just told what the new price tag would be today and that it was going live today. Also if you have a non-commercial license you can upgrade for $20 (the difference between the new full commercial license price of $79 and the old non-commercial license of $59) instead of $116.

I guess I can make the old price available for you guys for a while, it's not unfair to PIB if people coming from PIB can't get to that page, so here: http://photosounder.com/buy-old.php
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

A_SN Ok, Thanks.

Hi,

will Spiral also be sold through PB, and will the price change for that as well?

Novalis wrote:Hi,

will Spiral also be sold through PB, and will the price change for that as well?
Yes it will, and no the price will not change. PIB wanted to release Spiral right now as it is but I told them it's not finished so now my priority is finishing it. It should be done in a few weeks.

As you can see I'm kinda moving things around a bit:

The darker background is to improve the visibility of dark things in the visualisation (the light grey background would blind you a bit), and I'm removing some things (that's why it looks so empty), moving others and then I'll add a bunch of new things.

Look, ASN, i do not understand what the reason. Finally i prepared to get Photosounder full version and decided to try demo again :D , more thoroughly

Simple action:

Run the demo (v1.9.0)
Click File>New (in upper menu line)
Then just turn knob "pixels/second Time resolution" to minimal position (zero).
This will cause a stable crash with message: "Photosounder cannot allocate more memory".

I did not even open any file;

It is normal behavior ?

(win7 64bit, 4gb ram. Tried run exe with and without admin rights - the same)

c_voltage wrote:Look, ASN, i do not understand what the reason. Finally i prepared to get Photosounder full version and decided to try demo again :D , more thoroughly

Simple action:

Run the demo (v1.9.0)
Click File>New (in upper menu line)
Then just turn knob "pixels/second Time resolution" to minimal position (zero).
This will cause a stable crash with message: "Photosounder cannot allocate more memory".

I did not even open any file;

It is normal behavior ?

(win7 64bit, 4gb ram. Tried run exe with and without admin rights - the same)
Yeah that's normal, look at the length of the sound it reports before crashing, probably something like 12 hours. Turn on live synthesis and it won't happen.

AS_N Hmm, thanks, clear.

Next moment.

The same, run program, file>new.
Draw fat line with white spray tool.
Then: Operations > 1 / x (will remain something like a collar from entire line)
Then just slightly touch\change Gamma knob - fat line returns back, i.e. the result of the last operation (1/x) disappear.

It is should be ?

c_voltage wrote:Add
Screen capture: http://img6.pixhost.org/images/1402/26767213_ps1.gif
message saying hotlinking is forbidden.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

werp wrote:
Strange, it open ok for me, Please advise a convenient free service for sharing images, then i re-upload gif.

c_voltage wrote:
werp wrote:
Strange, it open ok for me, Please advise a convenient free service for sharing images, then i re-upload gif.
imgur.com is good. I tried to reproduce your gamma problem and it didn't have the same problem. You use version 1.9.0 right? I could see how this could be a bug with the undo layer, but I wasn't able to reproduce the problem using your way.

A_SN wrote:imgur.com is good. I tried to reproduce your gamma problem and it didn't have the same problem. You use version 1.9.0 right? I could see how this could be a bug with the undo layer, but I wasn't able to reproduce the problem using your way.
Thanks for this image service, really convenient.
I re-upload video example, You can see in more detail what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/g5ebic7.gif
A_SN wrote:You use version 1.9.0 right?
Yes ofcourse.
A_SN Watch the video and please tell me what it is (i.e. it is normal behavior or not).

(I'm sorry for the attack with questions extemporaneously, just really burning want to buy and use now but I want to make sure that it is not a lot of bugs).

c_voltage wrote:
A_SN wrote:imgur.com is good. I tried to reproduce your gamma problem and it didn't have the same problem. You use version 1.9.0 right? I could see how this could be a bug with the undo layer, but I wasn't able to reproduce the problem using your way.
Thanks for this image service, really convenient.
I re-upload video example, You can see in more detail what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/g5ebic7.gif
A_SN wrote:You use version 1.9.0 right?
Yes ofcourse.
A_SN Watch the video and please tell me what it is (i.e. it is normal behavior or not).

(I'm sorry for the attack with questions extemporaneously, just really burning want to buy and use now but I want to make sure that it is not a lot of bugs).
It's not normal behavior but I can't reproduce that bug with the same demo version even by doing the exact same actions. That's pretty weird.

Damn, it's a pity.
For any case - healthy Win7 with latest NET framework 4 updates etc.
Well, ok, maybe I try to catch more specific "threshold" of this issue, to be able to bypass it. I noticed that there are some conditions (specifically with "1/x" operation) where this does not happen, ie when the operation is correct layering one to another, , as it should be.

BTW, which sound engine use Photosounder by default? I understand it's not asio (and it does not change) ?

c_voltage wrote:Damn, it's a pity.
For any case - healthy Win7 with latest NET framework 4 updates etc.
Well, ok, maybe I try to catch more specific "threshold" of this issue, to be able to bypass it. I noticed that there are some conditions (specifically with "1/x" operation) where this does not happen, ie when the operation is correct layering one to another, , as it should be.

BTW, which sound engine use Photosounder by default? I understand it's not asio (and it does not change) ?
There might be a way around that bug like selecting another layer and going back to your layer, or maybe doing an undo/redo, or doing an operation that doesn't do much, like normalising the layer or changing the layers intensity.

It uses DirectSound through SDL.

Return to “Photosounder”