Requests/Wishlist

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Photosounder

XComposer wrote:Another (probably simplistic) idea: could perhaps part of the work be saved in a preset with settings and another part as a multilayered image, like a TIFF with layers, to be loaded again when you reopen the project?
Okay I'm not sure what that means, could you elaborate on the idea?
pottering wrote:My simple suggestion for workflow with DAWs would be 2 buttons/places on the GUI, one you can drag audio from Photosounder into the DAW or file manager, other the same but for the images (of course, dragging into Photosounder should work anywhere, not only in those buttons).
That would be useful in either standalone or VST versions.

IMO, VSTs are not very good for sample editors, DAWs don't allow plugins to add finished audio clips directly to a track, they usually require you record in realtime (many require an extra track and some routing), so drag'n'dropping is faster than waiting a 30 seconds sample be played and recorded.

(That's the same for MIDI editors, even for a 4-bar loop it is faster to drag'n'drop into the DAW than setup and record, that's why every drum sequencer has it or many requests for it)
Good point, it's pretty sad that loading a file would still be the most efficient way to load a sample (I suppose loading the same into the project is preferable to using a sampler type plugin). I can try direct drag and drop, failing that I can have a thing that saves the file then either copies the full path into the clipboard (for pasting into an Open dialog in your DAW) or opens in folder in Explorer/Finder so then you can drag and drop as you like.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

A_SN wrote:
XComposer wrote:Another (probably simplistic) idea: could perhaps part of the work be saved in a preset with settings and another part as a multilayered image, like a TIFF with layers, to be loaded again when you reopen the project?
Oh… I probably I shouldn't give you suggestions, because I have no idea of the data you would save in a preset and because I have programmed a software only once, many years ago.

I was just thinking quickly and roughly that the hypothetical ability to save a multilayered image file (like those produced by Photoshop or Gimp) might help and could be an efficient way to save audio data (as sonograms) and even sound combinations, including masking, filtering or convolution sketches, with all the other information regarding knobs or sliders positions saved in a sort of text preset file, so that the user should only have to reload (perhaps automatically?) those two files (the multilayered image file and the text preset file) in order to recreate the last situation he was working on in the last work session. But I know very well that I am too abstract, so please forgive me for this… :oops:

XComposer wrote:
A_SN wrote:
Oh… I probably I shouldn't give you suggestions, because I have no idea of the data you would save in a preset and because I have programmed a software only once, many years ago.

I was just thinking quickly and roughly that the hypothetical ability to save a multilayered image file (like those produced by Photoshop or Gimp) might help and could be an efficient way to save audio data (as sonograms) and even sound combinations, including masking, filtering or convolution sketches, with all the other information regarding knobs or sliders positions saved in a sort of text preset file, so that the user should only have to reload (perhaps automatically?) those two files (the multilayered image file and the text preset file) in order to recreate the last situation he was working on in the last work session. But I know very well that I am too abstract, so please forgive me for this… :oops:
Photosounder already does this ;) except either in one file or in one file and references to imported files. And it's all human readable too, and also how you do scripts.

I think it would be cool if in the next version I had an option to save the file and all its dependencies (the imported files, like, all the external images and sounds you put in it) and zip it all up into one neat file.

My wishlist:

Seeing Photosounder 2 releaed in 2017! That's it, nothing else :P

Neon Breath wrote:My wishlist:

Could very well happen tbh! I'm hard at work on the new interface system, here's how a test dialogue looks like at the moment. And yes these are three mini dials near that checkbox that can be zoomed into to tweak some related parameters.

Still a lot of work to do though.

A_SN wrote:

Could very well happen tbh! I'm hard at work on the new interface system, here's how a test dialogue looks like at the moment. And yes these are three mini dials near that checkbox that can be zoomed into to tweak some related parameters.

Honestly, that was not a pressure wish to stress you out, but really a true wish! Take the time you need.

Neon Breath wrote:
A_SN wrote:

Honestly, that was not a pressure wish to stress you out, but really a true wish! Take the time you need.
I will :) I always do. I think that when I'm done with most of the interface elements I need and other basic things I'll move on to replicating the feature set of the old Photosounder (without replicating the design mistakes), release that then work up from there.

I'm eager to have a new version out, I don't want to work on the old codebase, which is a problem when a new bug pops up (like some macOS Sierra users reporting a crash, although it's easily fixed in code, sadly I don't have the setup anymore to make a new build atm). So the faster I can replace the old with something new the sooner I can stop worrying about problems I can't do much about.

How about that interface style btw? :) I know it's unusual so I'm wondering what people will think.

Thanks for the update & info.

Not sure to understand what you mean about the interface, you mean a black background with subtle grey fonts/text?

Neon Breath wrote:Thanks for the update & info.

Not sure to understand what you mean about the interface, you mean a black background with subtle grey fonts/text?
Yeah you know, and the whole concept.

Hmmm well I don't understand the concept of the Earth thing linked to Photosounder I'm afraid... :shrug:

Care to explain the idea behind?

Neon Breath wrote:Hmmm well I don't understand the concept of the Earth thing linked to Photosounder I'm afraid... :shrug:

Care to explain the idea behind?
No link at all, it's just there to make a dialog as a test. I haven't coded anything even remotely directly linked to Photosounder's functionality yet, just general purpose interface stuff.

Make sure to implement very simple features given here. I also live in Poland.

My main request would be: Any further development to Photosounder or Spiral. No mentionable update has been available for quite some time now.

Soman wrote:My main request would be: Any further development to Photosounder or Spiral. No mentionable update has been available for quite some time now.
I have a release candidate for Photosounder 1.9.2 right now. Next I'll add some sort of options panel in Spiral using my new interface system that I've been working on.

Okay, sounds interesting so far. I'm getting curious. :)

Return to “Photosounder”