Stacker

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK. When you put it like that I can understand the frustration. I still respond to support emails. I still send out new serials and download links to people who have lost their original emails for one reason or another so I'm not completely unresponsive.

Regarding Stacker. This is something I worked on a few years ago now. I didn't design the product I mostly just worked as the developer. The synthesis is quite limited but it does have a very flexible pitch envelope. There are some nice features in there too like the pump envelopes and plenty of presets. I have no idea if SampleMagic will continue development of Stacker though. Projects like this are the reason I haven't been able to dedicate much/any time to the planned DrumSpillage update. Many of the features on the roadmap were implemented but they ended up breaking patches or complicating the design and somehow the 2.5 update just hasn't come together. It is doubly frustrating that I gave up my labour of love only for the freelance stuff to stall one way or another too. But life goes on :)

I may elaborate in another thread but all I can say at the moment is I am now finally working on new developments. 3 years later and I still find myself reaching for DrumSpillage whenever I need electronic drums but there is room for improvement and the industry has moved on in those 3 years. I want a new version as much as anyone else. Cross platform is definitely on the agenda too.

Apologies for the silence but it was probably necessary.
Glad to hear from you! I hope that we will see new developments for this great plug-in!

audiospillage wrote:
sqigls wrote:...should be removed from the KVR database, and i think any other company ignoring all support requests should also.
People are still paying for these devices, and often in need of some kind of support.

admittedly I haven't sent any emails to AudioSpillage support for well over a year. Maybe they're still answering emails?
I'm not yet inferring that THEY should be removed. but i have been waiting patiently for the overdue update.
OK. When you put it like that I can understand the frustration. I still respond to support emails. I still send out new serials and download links to people who have lost their original emails for one reason or another so I'm not completely unresponsive.

Regarding Stacker. This is something I worked on a few years ago now. I didn't design the product I mostly just worked as the developer. The synthesis is quite limited but it does have a very flexible pitch envelope. There are some nice features in there too like the pump envelopes and plenty of presets. I have no idea if SampleMagic will continue development of Stacker though. Projects like this are the reason I haven't been able to dedicate much/any time to the planned DrumSpillage update. Many of the features on the roadmap were implemented but they ended up breaking patches or complicating the design and somehow the 2.5 update just hasn't come together. It is doubly frustrating that I gave up my labour of love only for the freelance stuff to stall one way or another too. But life goes on :)

I may elaborate in another thread but all I can say at the moment is I am now finally working on new developments. 3 years later and I still find myself reaching for DrumSpillage whenever I need electronic drums but there is room for improvement and the industry has moved on in those 3 years. I want a new version as much as anyone else. Cross platform is definitely on the agenda too.

Apologies for the silence but it was probably necessary.
He's ALIVE!!! YAY.
Thanks for dropping a line, that's all it takes. I understand. Life happens.

Glad to hear he's still kicking. Drumspillage 2 is the punchiest drum synth in plugin history.

I bought DrumSpillage a few months back, I was sold on the sound of it and the synthesis options, shortly after I did a little searching about the development of DS and found lots of unhappy comments regarding no updates etc. I was a bit disappointed but I have stuck with it, it’s such a great plugin.

To be honest it doesn’t really need much updating in my eyes, I mean it does what I need very well and I don’t think I have ever seen it crash on me. What concerns me is that this has happened with a few other plugins I have bought that also seemed to just be forgotten by the developer, ePhonic Drumatic4 is one I bought and then realised it’s probably never going to be improved on.

I would like to see DrumSpillage 3 released, I would also like to see more third party kits available, shortly after purchase I realised that I was longing to flick through some other kits apart from the few included and sitting and making my own kits from scratch seemed like a big mission to me.

It’s good to finally see the developer surface here, hopefully we will see some more input from him sooner rather than later!

Life happens indeed. So good to hear from you Stephen!
Can’t wait to see what you’re cooking next, DS2 is still in all my sessions / tunes.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Return to “AudioSpillage”