DrumSpillage 2.5 Roadmap and Update Information

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiospillage wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:18 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:08 pm Still patiently waiting for 2.5, make it a paid upgrade i'll gladly pay for it, drumspillage makes it in one way or another to my every project
Thanks Ploki. 2.5 is still happening so stay patient!
How patient ? Think I”ve got none left....

i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.. it already is really.

audiospillage wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:40 am Cleaner high frequency response through oversampling
:D Oh SNap

PHY6 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:02 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:08 pm Still patiently waiting for 2.5, make it a paid upgrade i'll gladly pay for it, drumspillage makes it in one way or another to my every project
DS2 is still so good and still my go to drumsynth and still works perfectly on catalina, so i've get plenty :P

Ploki wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:40 pm
PHY6 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:02 pm
DS2 is still so good and still my go to drumsynth and still works perfectly on catalina, so i've get plenty :P
i just did a clean install on a computer w/mojave w/o much trouble. had to override the "unknown app" warning directly in system preferences security tab for every plug in that was unsigned but it all works fine. not sure this is possible w/Catalina??? i think things work if they're already installed and you update to Catalina but I wonder if the installer will work at all when doing a clean install??

perhaps that's been discussed already.. if so i missed it. glad things are working on catalina.. in a year or so i'll update.. ;)

dayjob wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:11 pm
i just did a clean install on a computer w/mojave w/o much trouble. had to override the "unknown app" warning directly in system preferences security tab for every plug in that was unsigned but it all works fine. not sure this is possible w/Catalina??? i think things work if they're already installed and you update to Catalina but I wonder if the installer will work at all when doing a clean install??

perhaps that's been discussed already.. if so i missed it. glad things are working on catalina.. in a year or so i'll update.. ;)
iirc non-notarized stuff works just as before. I've installed some extra things since upgrading my MBP to catalina and none were problematic (aside the override)

That frequency range slider :evil: so hard to get the frequency you desire. Would love to see a A440 and A432 scale button, very handy when programming kicks :borg:

Everglide wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm That frequency range slider :evil: so hard to get the frequency you desire. Would love to see a A440 and A432 scale button, very handy when programming kicks :borg:
Quite agree here, would be a nice time saver / workflow enhancer. An easy workaround though it to set it to say 216Hz and use the transpose fader.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Everglide wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 pm That frequency range slider :evil: so hard to get the frequency you desire. Would love to see a A440 and A432 scale button, very handy when programming kicks :borg:
why on earth would you tune the kick fundamental frequency to 432Hz? Unless you're trying to make a piccolo snare?
in any case, some very rudimentary theory here will solve all your problems:
to get 440Hz, tune it to 110Hz (easy) and tune transpose it to +24. (or 55Hz and +36)
to get 432Hz, tune it to 108Hz and transpose to +24. (or 54Hz and +36)

Also, holding CMD while using a SCROLLWHEEL (not drag) will increase accuracy.

And also lets pretend there's a whole paragraph about why 432Hz is a ridiculous concept that has almost 0 grounds in reality and history, but leave it at that.

I for one just prefer the sound of a "lower than A=440Hz" concert pitch.That's something I've been doing for almost 2 decades w/o even knowing it was a thing. I don't buy any of the esoteric BS surrounding it though.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

nilhartman wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:28 pm I for one just prefer the sound of a "lower than A=440Hz" concert pitch.That's something I've been doing for almost 2 decades w/o even knowing it was a thing. I don't buy any of the esoteric BS surrounding it though.
Fair enough!
Hope my tips alleviate some of the issues until the mystic update finally arrives. :)

yes master tuning in Hz would be great. as the oscillators can be tuned to notes, i have also had to stop for a few minutes here and there to make calculations, while working in 432. would be handy.

Is there any point in even hoping for new features? I assumed this plugin was abandonware, I bought it a while back and quickly realized there was no activity from the developer anymore, shame really as its a great plugin

iosys wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:25 pm Is there any point in even hoping for new features? I assumed this plugin was abandonware, I bought it a while back and quickly realized there was no activity from the developer anymore, shame really as its a great plugin
read through the thread. he posted here in january. the update will happen it's just gonna be a while. still the best sounding drum synth as it is.

I’d prefer small refinements like the one above over grand enhancements for v2.5.

If saturation is important, Airwindows open source code would be the place to start for refined algorithms.

I would also love to see Audiospillage take on the classic 808 and 909 drum machines.
Last edited by Everglide on Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AudioSpillage”