Record MIDI clip with Elecktroid, how?

Official support for: audiospillage.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

I'm really loving Elecktroid, but I can't figure out how to record MIDI while it's in "Edit Mode".
I don't want to play on my keyboard to record patterns, I just want to record what's coming out of the AU like any other instrument. I can see the audio coming out in the instrument tracks, but when I click record in my DAW the MIDI clip doesn't get created at all.

I tried both with Live and Logic Pro X.
Is there any way to record what's coming out of the instrument in real-time, or at least copy the pattern into the DAW as a MIDI clip?

Thanks!

You can't export or record the patterns from Elecktron, unfortunately. The AU doesn't output MIDI, it could well be a limitation of the AU spec, but I'm not sure.
But I agree, an export feature would certainly be nice. MIDI out would even be better, as it would allow me to sequence other instruments through Elecktron.

Well that's unfortunate... I mean, I expected a similar feature from this kind of instrument.
I hope it will be implemented in some future updates, because I paid for it but this way is not very useful to me.

Thanks for the answer :)

It's especially unfortunate because Elecktrons sequencer is the best out there imho.

Are you guys talking about the same thing? :-) Elektron vs Elecktroid

No I meant Elecktroid. Either brainfart or messed up autocorrect from my iPad happened :P

Return to “AudioSpillage”