Hollow Sun Library Pricing Conversion...?

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand the pricing conversion from British Pounds to USD over at the hollow sun website. I put "Newtron Bomb III" into my cart, which is listed at 20 british pounds. In my cart, it shows up as USD 40. If I do a google on converting 20 pounds to USD, I get 28....which is substantially less than 40!

any explanation would be helpful. for now I'm holding off on buying anything.

-Michael

It's all explained unsatisfactorily in this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=428659
the short version is that US customers are getting f**ked, because the price is set to to be more in line of fairness with
the European price plus VAT.
So the admin of Hollow Sun does not really care because he looks at his stats and sees sales still coming in from the US.

Edit.

Well that's.... unfortunate.

Every other sample site I buy from, I can just convert directly and know what I'll be charged. But here.... it comes out way different, and needless to say, way higher. Why should a US buyer be paying VAT (or, as is the case here, having prices raised to offset VAT)? Everywhere else, I can bypass VAT charges, as makes sense for a US buyer. Huh.

Well, considering Steve's been dead for quite a while, and therefore hasn't really been making anything new, his daughter and some friends have been trying to keep the site going. If you don't like the pricing structure (just because YOU don't pay VAT in your country, the seller still has to pay VAT on the product sold - that's why so many go through a third party billing solution) PLEASE just buy something from someone else. I'm sure someone out there has at least 20% of Steve's talent. It's not really a viable business any longer, just trying to help out the people who need his incredible libraries and help his family a bit; but, if you didn't pick up everything he made while he was alive (as I did), the loss really is yours.

I believe the VAT laws changed after his death.

Considering the number of products for which the EU requires VAT be paid for customers in the EU, on balance, they pay FAR greater prices for more things than people from the US.

The opinions in this post are completely my own.

Return to “Hollow Sun”