Hollow Sun in 2015

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love the libs, do you guys have anything new planned?
Novation kicks ass...
so does Korg.

Probably not, unfortunately. At least not with me in the picture, since I am plenty busy with another quite famous company these days... I need to discuss the future of HS with Angela...

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:43 am Probably not, unfortunately. At least not with me in the picture, since I am plenty busy with another quite famous company these days... I need to discuss the future of HS with Angela...
It seems like the HS Store is dead. I tried to order something and it did not go through. Have you given any thought to moving the products to KontaktHub? I am sure you would get a lot of sales there without all the the hassles of maintaining a site and store.

HS store is handled by FastSpring, not by us directly. I've just done a number of test purchases and everything works fine. They might have certain service outages on their side but this is beyond our reach. It could also be their risk assessment tripped up a flag depending on certain data you entered (in which case FS support should be contacted).

The store stays as is and there are no plans to move to KontaktHub.

I love their kit. And the GUIs, while not exactly practical (maybe “necessary” is the better word?) are inspiring - makes me feel like I’m making music with steampunk gadgets. Sometimes it’s the journey...

So, no plans to take the store down at this point? I’m missing a few pieces; maybe time to pick them all up.

Nope, we're not taking the store down at all. It's a source of income for Steve's wife and daughter.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:09 pm HS store is handled by FastSpring, not by us directly. I've just done a number of test purchases and everything works fine. They might have certain service outages on their side but this is beyond our reach. It could also be their risk assessment tripped up a flag depending on certain data you entered (in which case FS support should be contacted).

Any chance you will add audio demos? Also, the Flash stuff is deprecated and doesn't work anymore.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 pm Nope, we're not taking the store down at all. It's a source of income for Steve's wife and daughter.

Really glad to hear that. Putting what I don't have on my seasonal shopping list.

tony10000 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:25 am
EvilDragon wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:09 pm HS store is handled by FastSpring, not by us directly. I've just done a number of test purchases and everything works fine. They might have certain service outages on their side but this is beyond our reach. It could also be their risk assessment tripped up a flag depending on certain data you entered (in which case FS support should be contacted).

Any chance you will add audio demos? Also, the Flash stuff is deprecated and doesn't work anymore.
There are Soundcloud widgets instead of the old Flash stuff on a number of product pages, but yeah I should update this once I get some available time. You can check out all HS demos here, too:

https://soundcloud.com/hollow-sun/sets

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 am
tony10000 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:25 am

There are Soundcloud widgets instead of the old Flash stuff on a number of product pages, but yeah I should update this once I get some available time. You can check out all HS demos here, too:

https://soundcloud.com/hollow-sun/sets
Cool, thanks Mario!

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:25 pm Nope, we're not taking the store down at all. It's a source of income for Steve's wife and daughter.
I tried making the purchase again tonight. This time it went through. Glad to help Steve's family. It sounds like he was a brilliant guy!

Return to “Hollow Sun”