ANNOUNCEMENT: Stephen Howell passed away

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...he was such a kind, gentle and creative soul. Sent such a personalized series of responses when I had a "newbie" problem he must have heard a thousand times. I wish I had the chance to know him better, but feel fortunate to have met him at all.

I have never met Steve in person, yet I have considered him my friend. 10 years ago, when I was just starting to peddle my sample CD-roms, Steve was so encouraging. He had the rare combination of talent with a sharing spirit, and I will miss him.
He was also a tireless defender of the rights of creative people, and was one the the few who had the courage to do battle with the pirates who prey on them.
I’ll be forever in debt to Steve. My heartfelt condolences to his family.

So sad to read this news. Steve was a huge inspiration to his fellow sample developers, as well as his customers. I truly hope his family and friends can deal with the sudden loss, and my condolences go out to them. RIP Mate.
Paul Brown
ManyTone Music

I am totally surprised and shocked by those news. This is very sad indeed.

Less than 2 months ago I had creted some patches for the vKS70 Kontakt intrument which are included with the factory content and in the past i purchased several of the Hollow Sun libraries. Those are really top notch.
I also was in contact with Steve and also Dan Wilson (who restored the Novachord) before the Novachord Kontakt library was released and was the very first customer for this.

I know it will be very difficult to replace Steve but i hope that Evil Dragon could continue Holow Sun somehow.

My condlences to Steve's family.

RIP Steve

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Very sad news. Huge inspiration and a truly generous person. Also, a master of his work.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

My sincere condolences to Stephen's familly for this deeply sad news.

A ton of good vibes to Evildragon for the loss of his dear friend.

Rest in peace wherever you are Stephen and thank you for all your great musical work.

Fred

Just learned this sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

This is awful. :-(
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I really hate to hear this news. Steve was a stand-up guy, and every time I load up one of his instruments, I think that this someone I want to support. For the last few years, any new release was an automatic purchase - not only because the quality was so good for the price, but I really liked him. My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed around here.

I just now heard about this....I am extremely saddened by this. His work was amazing, and he was a nice guy too.

my thoughts go out to his family
i know he will be missed around here
rip stephen

Just learned of this....terribly sad news. We've exchanged many emails about sampling, vintage gear and reproducing the sounds of vintage Genesis. RIP Steve.

I've just heard this news too! I did not know Steve, but I bought a few of his libraries and he seemed like a great guy, and a bit of a character. I'm certain he'll be missed!

My sincerest condolences to his friends and family...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I've just read it. That's so sad, I'm really sorry.
Give me samples. More samples!

Very sad news! I remember that Stephen was THE SOURCE of information regarding sampling law. My personal policies regarding what and what not to sample are based on conversations I had with him. I always wanted all of his sample sets, but never got around to buying Kontakt. He was a very knowledgeable, talented, friendly individual, and it was a pleasure to get to know him here on these boards! May Stephen rest in peace in a better place, and may his family take comfort in knowing he was a very good man! Goodbye my friend!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Hollow Sun”