ANNOUNCEMENT: Stephen Howell passed away

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This post for the Hexxon library shows his wonderful sense of humor, it makes me smile everytime I read it.

"by hollowsun; Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:54 am
Hexxon - new from Hollow Sun
It didn't make the news but not so long ago, a spacecraft from a galaxy far, far away crash landed just outside Lympley Stoke, a small town not far from Bath, England. Given the significance of the event, the military moved in (as they do) and instructed to move the wreckage to Area 51 for extra terrestrial examination. However, owing to the typical ineptness of the British civil service, it was actually sent to Area 51 in Basingstoke, a tattoo and piercing parlour of some reknown in the area.

The owner wasn't quite sure what to make of it all and could get no sense from the the delivery chap ... he tried refusing delivery only to be greeted with "Sorry mate - more than my job's worth. Sign here, mate". So he was lumbered with it but knowing of our fondness for oddness, the owner contacted us and we hot footed it to the place where we retrieved one of the panels...

It took us a while to figure out the panel and recreate it but we managed it eventually.
It uses hex-cells for controls which are colour coded and the brighter they are, the higher the parameter value. "

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=389016
Always look on the bright side of life

Oh my! Rest in peace Steve!
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Sorry to hear this.
Jay Asher, Composer, Logic Pro Consultant and Certified Trainer
www.jayasher.com
jay@jayasher.com

Small update.

I have managed to get ahold of credentials for site hosting Steve used for www.hollowsun.com. I will be editing all product pages and disabling the "Add to cart" buttons on them for the time being. It's best if sales aren't happening for the time being because we don't know what will happen with the funds on Steve's Paypal account (and what will happen with that account in general).

So, until further notice, Hollow Sun products (except freebies) are not going to be available. I will try to make them available as soon as legally possible.

I will keep you guys posted, of course.

Understood. If Steve's family will benefit from sales though, please let us know as I'm sure that people might be more motivated to buy if that's the case.

robojam wrote:Understood. If Steve's family will benefit from sales though, please let us know as I'm sure that people might be more motivated to buy if that's the case.
A definite +1 here.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

For the moment it is unclear if they would benefit from sales at this point, because we have yet to contact Paypal regarding Steve's account and what happens next. I would urge everyone to hold their horses for a bit. :)

Very sad to hear this. I don't post here a lot but wanted to give my condolences to his family.

robojam wrote:Understood. If Steve's family will benefit from sales though, please let us know as I'm sure that people might be more motivated to buy if that's the case.

+1 :tu:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Rest in Peace.

Condolences to Steve's family! All the best to them!

Best,
Hans

Shopping cart has been reinstated for the time being. In discussion with the Howells, they mentioned they will need and appreciate all the help they can get, so, there you go, people. Complete your Hollow Sun collection! :)

The funeral ceremony will be held on June 16th at 11.45 am, in Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff.

Thanks for the info, EvilDragon - I was hoping to find some way of paying my respects - I think I came pretty close - I didn't realize how many of his instruments I didn't own (until now)

I imagine how much better the choirs of angels will sound with his presence...

hueynym wrote:Thanks for the info, EvilDragon - I was hoping to find some way of paying my respects - I think I came pretty close - I didn't realize how many of his instruments I didn't own (until now)

I imagine how much better the choirs of angels will sound with his presence...
He's going to sample those angels and make a new Kontakt instrument

oh...wow. I am just now seeing this. I had the pleasure to do several demos over the years for Steve. And own nearly everything Hollow Sun ever put out. My first full length CD project was briefly available on his Hollow Sun Records label until he decided his energies were best spent elsewhere.

This hit me like a ton of bricks as just this past Thursday I laid another friend to rest now to find I missed the passing of another I knew.

He will be missed.

So after reading this I had to stop the track I was working on as my brain had shifted me in another direction. This is all Hollow Sun stuff. I Kept this as minimal as possible. A small tribute to Stephen and Hollow Sun.

https://soundcloud.com/shadoe42/the-set ... hollow-sun

Return to “Hollow Sun”