ANNOUNCEMENT: Stephen Howell passed away

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, everyone.

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that my employer and a great, great friend, Stephen Howell, has passed away early this morning after three days of hospitalization. I was informed about all this by his daughter, Alice. I don't know all the details unfortunately, but severe liver damage was in question.

I will stay in contact with the Howell family, we have to figure out what will become of Hollow Sun. It would not be the same without Steve, of course, but I am adamant about keeping his legacy in some way, if at all possible. I've been acquainted with several of his good friends, Dan from Hideaway Studios and Rod of Atomic Shadow, we will do a mind-meld and come up with something, I hope.

For now, all I can say is that Steve will be greatly missed, and that is an understatement. I am still beyond words and in deep shock as I type this.

RIP, Steve. Say hello to mr. Korg and mr. AKAI wherever you've gone to now. :cry:
Last edited by EvilDragon on Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Such a sad news, Steve was so inventive and skilled, and he was also a very kind and helpful guy. Sure, he'll be missed. All my condolences to his family.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I share your sadness. How unexpected! I was looking forward to many more wonderful instruments from a creative master. I will miss his sense of humor and surprising generosity.
바보

Horrible news. My condolences to his family. :(
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

OMG! RIP, Stephen.

Really sad. He was a very kind man.

I'll really miss his 'sorry, missed another holiday but here's my holiday offer / product announcement anyways' mails :)
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Wow! That's really sad!

Stephen helped me out on a number of occasions and was a really, really nice guy!
I really don't know what to say!

Thanks for letting us know ED. My condolences to his family.

Stephen was a very decent man and we were all lucky to be able to sample some of his talent, humour and creativity. Please do keep the Hollow Sun legacy alive if you can.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Very sad. A great figure in the sampling world, and a very nice man.

This is very sad news.
... space is the place ...

I'm deeply sorry and I feel really really sad.

I'm reading again a conversation we had 2 years ago via email regarding sample libraries and piracy.
He was really inspiring.

RIP Steve.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Very sorry to hear this. I remember having a few conversations with him on the Alesis Fusion forums when I bought one, some years back. He was a very genuine and kind fella. What a terrible shame.

Rest in Peace Stephen! Thank you for all the wonderful Libs you gave us and for the inspiration! God bless you!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Truly sorry about this news. I am heartbroken

That's terrible news. I'm certain he was a source of inspiration for many. RIP.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Return to “Hollow Sun”