Unrestricted use in Kontak Player?

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just checking to see if you've made any progress in getting set up with NI to have your instruments be fully unrestricted in Kontakt player. This would be HUGE for me as I can't afford the full version of Kontakt.

I, too, would enjoy the Hollow Sun libraries to be fully unrestricted in Kontakt Player. Preferably Kontakt Player 2. Like everyone else, I would be happy to absorb the minimal expense you might have by doing this. Perhaps a small increase of say, £600 for each library should cover it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be willing to pay these minor inconvenience fees in advance. Have you tried digging in the basement? You never know what someone might have buried there 300 years ago. Or should we all boycott Native Instruments until they give away their software for free? So many solutions....

:lol: no words.. ..just which progress? there wasn't ever any. i dont buy kontakt player libraries because they are to expensive and i have kontakt full so all is fine with HS imo.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

No progress at all because Kontakt Player licencing is prohibitely expensive for small developers like Hollow Sun. It probably won't ever happen, so better save up for full version of Kontakt. ;)
hueynym wrote:Preferably Kontakt Player 2.
Well that makes no sense at all. Why KP2? It has none of GUI scripting possibilities that were made possible since Kontakt 4 onward... Besides, NI doesn't encode KP libraries to old versions, they always use the latest, which is Kontakt Player 5.

EDIT: Rereading your post, I'm sensing a sarcastic vibe, so disregard the above :)
murnau wrote:i dont buy kontakt player libraries because they are to expensive and i have kontakt full so all is fine with HS imo.
Not all of them are "too expensive"... There's Drum'mica for $0 (special deal between Sennheiser and NI, obviously), there's $49 Sonic Reality Infinite Player (which serves as a nexus in the Libraries tab for other Sonic Reality libraries), and from there libraries start at $79... Of course, huge orchestral libraries WILL cost some serious money definitely, but something tells me you're not the target audience for those ;)

EvilDragon wrote: EDIT: Rereading your post, I'm sensing a sarcastic vibe, so disregard the above :)
If all you got was a Vibe I was being sarcastic, I'm getting pretty rusty. That's taking into account that English is probably your third (or fourth) language.

I will try to add more bite to my humour in future...

I was hoping my post would make NO sense at all.

Actually English is my second language. I don't speak any others apart from it and Croatian.

But yeah, I usually don't pick up sarcasm easily when just reading it, so my bad. :D

I had no idea the expense so high for a developer to officially licensed through NI Kontakt instruments. Bummer.

This is a perfect place to ask a question that's been on my mind for a while. Those sound developers who do choose to pay the NI royalty naturally charge more for their offerings. But I've never seen a single case where they sell two versions, one of which has a reduced price and only can be used with the full version of Kontakt.

Does NI prohibit this contractually? If so, I think they're screwing everybody, not least of which is themselves IMO.

EvilDragon wrote:Of course, huge orchestral libraries WILL cost some serious money definitely, but something tells me you're not the target audience for those ;)
you're very wrong. an old from 2007 orchestra approach. i just can share. https://myspace.com/themutedorchestra/music/songs
Last edited by murnau on Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

dmbaer wrote:This is a perfect place to ask a question that's been on my mind for a while. Those sound developers who do choose to pay the NI royalty naturally charge more for their offerings. But I've never seen a single case where they sell two versions, one of which has a reduced price and only can be used with the full version of Kontakt.

Does NI prohibit this contractually? If so, I think they're screwing everybody, not least of which is themselves IMO.
i ask the same twice in another thread a week ago. afaik never got an answer.

dmbaer wrote:This is a perfect place to ask a question that's been on my mind for a while. Those sound developers who do choose to pay the NI royalty naturally charge more for their offerings. But I've never seen a single case where they sell two versions, one of which has a reduced price and only can be used with the full version of Kontakt.

Apart from the licensing cost (which is - shall we say - not insubstantial and can stretch to €five figures), there are other contractual obligations that can prevent that.

Oh ... I could take the chance and licence (I would probably need to remortgage HS Towers but whatever...) but my stuff wouldn't be the prices they are ... add a nought to the prices

Take your choice - pay €300 for the full version of Kontakt and buy my stuff at modest prices (and also get a whole pile of freebies) or pay, say, £800 for MLM Suite I and II to use with the (ahem) 'free' Kontakt Player ... for example. That's the kind of price I'd need to charge to recoup the licensing costs ... effectively, the customer is paying for the licensing for that 'free' Player such that it's not that 'free' after all ... one could even argue that it's bloody expensive!

I shan't be licensing my stuff any time soon (with my magnificent portfolio, it would cost hundreds of £thousands and would cost the user a lot more). Just buy Kontakt - there's a wealth of stuff out there (not just mine) and people doing astonishing things with the scripting (Forgotten Keys, for example, or Hideaway Studios)

Cheers,

Stephen

I think Soundiron Olympus Elements choir is sold both as Kontakt Player and regular Kontakt library. So no, NI doesn't prohibit this.

EDIT: I see now that only the Player version of that library is being sold. However I am 100% certain that at some point both versions were available.

Return to “Hollow Sun”