Fender Rhodes Piano Bass

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

That is still me the guy from Amsterdam with new question.

On different post the script error for the Vox Continental has been solved.

My new question is there is a chance that you can create a Virtual Fender Rhodes Piano bass instrument to use with Kontakt? That would be great I could play the Doors just perfectly :-).

I found somewhere in the internet I think was even free download someone create a sample in nki of the Fender Rhodes Piano Bass, the MK 1 and the MK 2. But isn't really that good I mean something is wrong with the sound but even though I can upload it to you and you can have a look. If you can make one as good as the Vox I'll buy it immediately.

The piano bass I am talking about is the small fender Rhodes 2 octaves only, basically is the last two octaves of the MK1 Stage Piano from Fender Rhodes
Davide Violante

dviolante wrote:My new question is there is a chance that you can create a Virtual Fender Rhodes Piano bass instrument to use with Kontakt? That would be great I could play the Doors just perfectly
I suggest you seek medical treatment for your obsession with The Doors! ;)

I do have some Rhodes Bass samples here. I'll see if there's something I can do with them. Don't expect anything soon though - I have lots of projects on the go at the moment.

Cheers,

Stephen

Hello,

thanks just take your time and let me know when is available

We play in a band all doors songs and I need to try with those virtual instruments if I can make some nice live concert
Davide Violante

Hello,

I was wonder if you had a chance to make anything out of the Rhodes Piano Bass samples. I am just checking I know that you are busy.
Davide Violante

Nothing happening with this at the moment, Davide. Sorry.

I did have a quick try with the samples I have but they weren't very consistent The thing is, I can't remember where they came from so I am a little concerned that they might not be entirely kosher. Someone gave them to me a while back and we've lost contact to ask him his source so I have to be careful on that score in case they're lifted from some other library! Not that they are that good anyway.

I have other projects on at the moment (one due for imminent release) so the Piano Bass is kind of on hold at the moment.

But if anyone reading this has a Piano Bass, I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,

Stephen

Hi I have a Piano Bass samples, you might want to see them I got them from the internet cannot remember from which site.

I thing they need some adjustment but they are pretty good.It is all about making those samples working in the way they should.

Anyway I can wait no worries

Thanks
Davide Violante

dviolante wrote:I got them from the internet cannot remember from which site.
That doesn't sound exactly "kosher" either... :)

Hello Hollow,

Obviously I do understand that creating Rhodes Piano Bass isn't your priority but here the deal.

I am teacher at the conservatory of Rotterdam Netherlands and we have a project at the pop department to use virtual instruments (Vintage Instruments)

Now our band plays all the psychedelic Rock of the 60s and 70s and we have other band that also play that type of music. We would like to get vst like

Gibson101, Rhodes Piano Bass, Rhodes MKI and MKII, Farfisa Organ.

If you can produce those several people from the pop department can buy the samples because they all use vst for training and even on stage to reproduce the fabulous sounds of those instruments.

Hope you can help
Davide Violante

Hi Davide,

Still no progress on the Rhodes Piano Bass, sorry - been busy with lots of other stuff which you may have seen. In fact, you might like my latest release - the Vermona ET3 tranny organ. It might not be what Manzarek used but is a fabulously versatile tranny organ.

For Rhodes, I think others have covered that instrument brilliantly well already - Scarbee's and the excellent Neo Soul Rhodes - it's just not worth me entering that territory when it's so well covered already.

But I am looking into the others you list, though - they could be interesting.

But the thing is, you have to understand that this is a very niche market - believe me, not everyone is beating my door down for an obscure tranny organ... sadly.

Cheers,

Stephen

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Dear,

I'm also desperately looking for the exact authentic beautiful warm bass sound of the Fender Rhodes Piano Bass ...
I just love Manzarek's bass sound. I've bought vintage organs (Kontakt native instruments) and I've been tweaking the sounds and do not even come near that piano bass sound ! It's driving me insane.

I don't seem to find a VST for the piano bass anywhere, which I find very strange since The Doors where and still are very popular.

I saw on your website a link to OTR32 from www.Devine-Machine.com (http://www.Devine-Machine.com), but there is no download link to the software, and their website is offline.

But if you are able to make that sound, or reproduce it, for the love of god, please, I beg you, steer your brilliant mind towards building this masterpiece. Not only I, but the entire world will be grateful until eternity.

Sincerely Yours,
Frederik
I am looking for a Fender Rhodes Piano Bass VST,
I also must be able to use it as a plug-in to Logic Express 9

I suspect the fender piano bass was recorded through a tube amp and cab. You could try the bottom end of a Rhodes sample set through an SVT sim or a Fender Bassman sim.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

This is the thing...

The Rhodes Piano Bass was only the bottom octaves of a Rhodes piano - you could buy any one of the excellent Rhodes sample sets out there and just use the bottom octaves for the sound that's required.

Cheers,

Stephen

Last edited by skytheguy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by skytheguy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's a nice Fender key bass in the Infinite Player Vintage Instruments Kapsule at eSoundz.com. Here's a link:

https://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4350

It's one of my favorite libs they've made for IP/Kontakt. It's also on sale now for $15! You'll need the Infinite Player "shell" to run it in Kontakt, but it's on sale for half price too, and comes with some really nice SFX and drums.

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Return to “Hollow Sun”