What has pissed you off today?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
jancivil
KVRAF
15785 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 am

Yeah, pain. I hurt in most places on my body. And I mean most. And I have spilled 1) hot pan grease and 2) boiling water on my left thigh in this kitchen. I'm going to have to get in house support services started, while I hate the idea.

Jace-BeOS
KVRAF
4707 posts since 7 Jan, 2005 from Corporate States of America

Re: What has pissed you off today?

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:13 am

:-(
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Hink
Rad Grandad
27345 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 am

sorry to hear Jan :(

vurt
addled muppet weed
37840 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:56 pm

jancivil wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 am
Yeah, pain. I hurt in most places on my body. And I mean most. And I have spilled 1) hot pan grease and 2) boiling water on my left thigh in this kitchen. I'm going to have to get in house support services started, while I hate the idea.
sorry to hear that jan.
i resisted it to for as long as possible, as a mid 40s person it felt like i was giving up, admitting i needed help for certain things.
but when we start causing more problems, due to accidents that are only happening because of the situation were already in, its time to admit we need help before it gets even worse.
it was a hot pan of oil that brought me round too. luckily i managed to avoid more than a couple of tiny splashes on my leg. but then i turned to get a towel to start cleaning up, slipped and went arse over tit and slammed my already screwed back in to the work surface then floor.

so now i have help to clean up a bit, do some shopping (carrying shopping is virtually impossible aside from minimal amounts). i still do "most" of my own cooking as i enjoy cooking, but unless i have supervision i don't do anything using a pan full of hot oil that could easily burn my house down. sp i do still occasionally burn myself on hot pans due to being doped on pain meds, but its nothing like as bad as hot oil can be.

be careful :hug:

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:09 pm

My economy means frying eggs and beans, boiling rice and noodles and like that. I'm in the wheelchair which is not conducive to the task, so twice I've knocked the thing over.

I really like my solitude.

I never complain, thanks for the sympathy y'all. Today is a _particularly_ bad day. I don't do dope, although I may go out and find a doctor to make for it soon. I had a scrip for Norco 10s and someone stole it (without getting much into it, a nurse who told me it couldn't be transferred which is bullshit I realized too late. She must've paid for it and kept it.).

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12260 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 am

Oh my, compared to you people with your severe health problems I don't really have anything to complain about :?
Still, I hate washing bed sheets and such things. They always turn into a heavy ball of cloth which causes a huge imbalance when spinning :P

I find the idea of the internet of things funny which allows you to operate your washing machine from the office. "Hello Paul, there has been a problem during spin cycles. Your washing machine has fallen apart, so has your bathroom. How would you like to proceed?"

jancivil
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:57 am

resolved
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 am
Oh my, compared to you people with your severe health problems I don't really have anything to complain about :?
i hope that helps you understand a little why i try to have a bit of a joke here n there. sometimes if i don't, i get moody about my pain. and i don't want to be that guy. id rather ignore it and try to get on.

as to the internet of things, im actually looking forward to a kettle i can have a conversation with :)

Bombadil
KVRAF
1958 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Post Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 am

I find the idea of the internet of things funny which allows you to operate your washing machine from the office. "Hello Paul, there has been a problem during spin cycles. Your washing machine has fallen apart, so has your bathroom. How would you like to proceed?"
As long as your name isn't Dave:

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

I've had bouts of chronic pain. It's no freaking joke. And I can't take opioids for pain, which is probably some sort of mixed blessing. I feel for people who are hurting all the time, whether physical, emotional, or both.

Anyways...

One of my molars cracked open and is partly exposed, though the only pain I feel is the jagged edge of the remainder against my tongue. So, off to the dentist on Thursday at 8:30 in the morning, not my best time to be getting up and shlepping across town. I hate dentists, loathe needles, but this has to be done. If I don't, it will abscess, and I don't need the side of my face looking like I'd been hit by a baseball bat.
“Not all who wander are lost.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10072 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:19 am

Morning guy is very annoyed with night guy today :x
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

vurt
addled muppet weed

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:19 am

introduce them both to "afternoon nap guy" :)

martinjuenke
KVRAF
2355 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Focusrite Plugin Collective

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Mushy Mushy
KVRAF
10072 posts since 7 Sep, 2008

Post Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 pm

vurt wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:37 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:19 am

introduce them both to "afternoon nap guy" :)
:D Afternoon nap guy is visiting on the weekend for sure :hyper:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Bombadil
KVRAF
1958 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from The Schwarzwald of My Mind

Post Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:27 am

iTunes. They changed it from the last time I imported CDs. I can't just drag songs from the CD into a Playlist anymore. Have to import to Library first, which is annoying af, because my copy of the re-mixed White Album arrived, and I should be listening to it by now. :x
“Not all who wander are lost.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
4868 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:10 pm

Trying to record some acoustic picking part - on the 10th or so attempt, nearly at the end, all going well, some f**king wingnut lets off a f**king huge firework in the car park. :x :x :x :x :x :x

Return to “Off Topic”