Some general hints if something goes not as expected

Official support for: hgf-synthesizer.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some general hints if something goes not as expected

There might be a false positive virus alert from some antivir progs related to a file Spring2.sem

As this happened solely to Avatar ST I did recompile that one so there are new basic free versions up:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h2a1bis267v7iu8
http://www.4shared.com/zip/NmjjMmI3/Ava ... sic12.html

Loading patchbanks and sf2 is not found (also general hint to place additional sf2 files)

- make sure you have the sf2 file;
- an sf2 file's basic location (where the plugin will look first) is the subfolder where all sem/sep files of the plugin are stored - so you might put the sf2 file there;
- another solution might be to put a bunch of sf2 files to a special dedicated folder;
- then simply load the sf2 file/s into the resp. slots AND save the patchbank so this new location will be stored!

more topics to follow ...

hth
HG
Last edited by Fortune on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

objectman wrote:I know people are, like me, having trouble bringing all their old VSTs into their new Windows 7 computer. I use Ableton and I sometimes get a SynthEdit pop-up box ...

Code: Select all

Can't load SE Plugin:The specified module could not be found. . File: C:Program Files (x86)\Vstplugins\Kovalev\psyBOX+v1.1\Converters.sem 
I don't always get it though, so dunno what's going on there. For example all HGFortune VSTs work fine, but the latest one "Tiger" has the same issue (while previous 3 releases of his are 100% fine).

I'm logged in as Admin (there are no other users) so don't know what the deal is.

Anybody got a solution?

(Besides pressing the OK button about 100x to avoid crashing Live - which happens anyway and thereafter simply won't start again until I reboot the computer.)
Peter999 wrote: That there are no other users doesn't mean you are the administrator. The standard login in windows 7 always is a user account. The administrator account is hidden/deactivated by default and has to be activated before in the system settings if you want to make it available as startup option. So I guess you are still in a normal user account which has the user account protection on causing these issues.

You can fix it by setting the default running mode of Live to administrator. To do this right-click on the live program shortcut, choose properties -> compatibility and here check "run as administrator" and then save. This will give Live and its plugins full writing rights (as it was the case in the administrator account). If you still have issues then you may again delete/uninstall the concerned plugins then, refresh the scan, and then install once more.

Alternatively you could have your plugins located in a different place than the program files folder. Or activate and use the administrator account.

Technical background:

User account protection re-directs the writing activities of plugins which are located in the protected area (which includes the program files folder) to a mirrored place called "virtual store" (which is a hidden folder in the user area). SE plugins are extracting modules to a folder on first loading if they have not been pre-written by a dedicated installer before (or have been copied manually when provided together with the dll). So in a protected area this writing will be re-directed to virtual store. Normally this re-direct path is also active in reading mode so that the plugin sees its files as if they were in the original place (e.g. works well in Cubase), but in some hosts (e.g. Live) this fails, which means the plugin can't see/find its files which is the error you've described.
mztk wrote:try creating a separate directory to contain your VST plugins
outside of 'program files'. eg: on your root drive somewhere,
like:
C:\VST\VST instruments
\VSTfx
this will work round read/write privileges for protected folders
such as 'program files'. then you just add these directories to
your host's VST plugin folders list and restart the host.
objectman wrote:I fixed the issue. It has to do with User Account Control
http://www.petri.co.il/disable-uac-in-windows-7.htm

Basically, I right-clicked Live and gave the program (not me) Administrative access. Works like a dream. Now to install U-he's plugs :)

Caj wrote:I am very fond of your syntheseizers . But I have a problem with for instance Shunjii .When I shall play it in REAPER it is often printed "automuted" in the mixer and I have to remove the Shunjii track and insert Shunjii again . Is there any way to avoid this problem ? I can't use your wonderful synth's if I can't solve this problem .
Best regards Caj.
Hmm, strange issue. If it's automuted there should be a way to unmute within Reaper by some manual setting. ...
Anyway you might try to change some of the properties settings at the VST section of the track e.g. 'bypass audio when opening' or so.

This should also help if you experience unwanted noise on startup of a plugin with Reaper.

hth
HG

I have a dedicated folder for all your free versions.
All work fine in my DAW (Sonar X2).
These include: Alionoctis; AlphatronPro; Altair4b; ScapesWiz1; ScapesWiz2; DreamMach3free; STS-26Pro; STS-33; SwampXTPro; X-WoF4Pro; XWoF6

Trying to load the Tiger and Astral Dreamer under the same folder.

Tiger cannot find sounds.
Astral Dreamer loads and immediately sends clipping glitches, escalating in volume through the monitors and freezes the DAW forcing me to shut down immediately.

What could be the problem?
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just purchased Astral Dreamer and Serenity Pro.
Thanks for great pricing.
I have played with many of your synths and have enjoyed them all.
I bought Astral because it is something that I will be able to use live in the settings I play.
I play midi guitar, which is the main purpose of contacting you.
In order for me to utilize nearly all normal functions one would use while playing midi guitar, the pitch bend range of the instrument needs to be set to 12 semi tones. This really depends on the rig, (some need 24 to work correctly.)
I am requesting, for a future version of Astral as well as your other works for this to be included if possible.
I will still be able to use the 2 instruments I purchased from you, but, in a slightly limited way.
I reckon Astral to be set about 10 semi tones as a slide movement of 2 frets will yield I semi tone, not 2.
This has been the case with yours and other instruments I've used as well.
Many of the VSTis I use work perfect because of the ability to set the pitch bend range to 12 st.
Your consideration of this request is appreciated, as I would like to be able to utilize fully your instruments with my setup.
Your instruments are awesome. I am awaiting the dl info.
Thank you;
Ian

Just dl'ed Astral and Serenity, found that pitch bend range in Serenity is perfect! I can play as I would play a standard guitar. I am pleased with the presets as we'll.
The Pro version of Astral is as the demo, as far as the pitch bend range is concerned, a bit off. Sounds are great though and hoping an adjustment for pitch bend is possible.
I am going to check my other HG instruments as I have time to see how their PB ranges are set.
Thanks;
Ian

Return to “HG Fortune”