Appropriate value for keyfollow of filters for Vaz Modular - is 96 the magic number?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A while ago I tried figuring out the perfect degree of keyfollow on a filter in Vaz Modular for having the frequency follow pitch precisely. The degree of "Frequency Modulation" when patching one of the "CV 1 Note" (or "CV 2 Note" etc") into the, well, "Frequency Modulation" input - in case anyone found that unclear. I used Voxengo Span and cranked up the resonance on the various filter modules of Vaz Modular analyzed one by one. While I was in slight doubt as I found it a bit hard to be sure excactly what was going when going down to the lowest keys I concluded 96 was the magic number. Now, I'm still not 100 % sure as it's possible I should have adjusted some settings in Voxengo Span and also perhaps double checked with some other analyzer that I would possibly also need to adjust some settings on.
It sounds "right" but sometimes I can't be happy just that it sounds good enough, I need to be sure what's going on is indeed what I intended to be going on so I won't be unhappy about it later down the line or suddenly discover it f---s up some layering I may attempt etc. Can anyone conform if 96 is indeed the magic number for this, or if it could be 95 or one of the others close by?

Also some advice on what settings are appropriate on Voxengo Span and other such analyzer tools for this sort of thing and why would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help and advice.

96 does sound about right.

Return to “VAZ Synths”