vaz plus patch behaviour

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I love vaz plus but am not entirely sure how it's patch and bank management works. With other vsti's, the bank state is saved with the song and recalled on load. With Vaz plus, all songs use the most recently edited patch when loaded. This is cool but not what I am used to.

What is the best workflow for editing a patch and having it saved with the song?

Is it just a case of saving an FXB whenever I save the song, the reloading it again at the beginning? Is there not a better way?

Also what are snapshots and how ought they best be used?

Thanks for any pointers,
Mike

Memory is telling me that Plus does support VST presets and so will save and restore those as expected, and VST presets will be selected through the VST UI. If I remember correctly the Patch menu is "at right angles" to this and is effectively global. Whether this makes sense is another questions :D I will have a play with this to check the reality in the near future...

Martin

thanks for getting back to me. yes it would be cool to hear how it works from the man himself

I've just checked this and what I said above is correct, so the VST presets work just like you'd expect for VST presets i.e. 128 scratch memories where changes are kept as you switch between them. Then Menu > Patch will load patches into these scratch memories, this can be triggered by MIDI program change. Loading from Menu > Patch is like a typical hardware synth where loading a new patch overwrites the scratch memory.

Reading back... the bank of VST presets should be saved along with a song i.e. not what you say in the initial post.

Martin

hi,

thanks for clarifying. I will do further tests; it's probably either me or my vst host.

Kind regards,
Mike

What is the host, you didn't mention?

Return to “VAZ Synths”