"Out of memory" errors with VAZ2010

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Several patches loaded in VAZ2010 (2.1.4) give me "out of memory" errors in Reaper 4 and Cubase 5 (Win XP Pro, Core 2 Duo 3 GHz, 4 GB RAM), especially these two from the VAZ2010v1 Patches folder: ED Haunting Pad and Filter Brass. The error is killing the audio engine and I have to restart Cubase or Reaper to get audio back.

Another problem I'm having is with the standalone version of VAZ2010. I use my Ultranova Port 1 as my main MIDI input. Unfortunately, every time I open VAZ2010 standalone, I get this error message: "failed to open MIDI input port." Setting it up again in Options --> Preferences --> Midi doesn't help.

I'm sorry, I just bought this synth and I couldn't find any answers to my problems in the Help file.

Hi szurcio,

I'm seeing the out of memory issue in 2010 standalone with ED HAUNTING PAD and Harmonium (not Filter Brass, but one further down in the list I'm seeing...). I'll investigate further.

The MIDI problem might well require a test utility to work out the reason for the failed to open.

Martin

One step forward: the problem is with loading the insert effect(s) stored with the patch, so turn off Load Insert and the patch itself will load in each case.

Martin

Final analysis: This appears to be due corrupt patch files.

edit: MIDI input from Ultranova seems to be working now.

Return to “VAZ Synths”