Demos don't work FIXED

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The plug-ins are not recognized in my hosts (Renoise and Reaper), and when trying to run them in standalone mode I get: Runtime error 216 at 012AE39F. I use Windows 7 SP 1 and all updates installed.

AFAIK Vaz is not a regularly updated plug-in series

If you need an ARP soundalike, I'd look elsewhere.

My 2c
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

They were all updated late december last year. I always liked them but couldn't afford them. Now they seem to be way cheaper. I hope I can get them to work.

Demos have worked for me on an old computer updated to Win7, though the Vaz Modular demo was slightly unstable (problems getting it closed etc) a couple of months ago I gave it the benefit of a doubt and haven't regreted a second as the full version functioned properly and is mindblowingly flexible. Did you install as administrator? Sometimes this makes a difference with some software even though I know Martin tries to make sure it shouldn't with the Vaz-es.

And they are updated pretty frequently these days, kevvvvv would have seen that had that user bothered to take a quick glance at this forum.

Hope it will all work out for you! :) Especially Vaz Modular is a beutiful piece of software (IMO), I find it to be possibly the most intuitive yet one of the most flexible softsynth modulars. All of them are definetely well worth the present asking price (I also held out for years because of the price before it was finally lowered, demoing every once in a while and comparing to other soft modulars).

kevvvvv wrote:AFAIK Vaz is not a regularly updated plug-in series
Yeah only 20 or so update notices posted by MadGav here in 2011. :bang:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Klusterbomben wrote:The plug-ins are not recognized in my hosts (Renoise and Reaper), and when trying to run them in standalone mode I get: Runtime error 216 at 012AE39F. I use Windows 7 SP 1 and all updates installed.
Which synth is that error address from? I'm assuming the current versions?

Martin

MadGav wrote:
Klusterbomben wrote:The plug-ins are not recognized in my hosts (Renoise and Reaper), and when trying to run them in standalone mode I get: Runtime error 216 at 012AE39F. I use Windows 7 SP 1 and all updates installed.
Which synth is that error address from? I'm assuming the current versions?

Martin
I installed Modular and 2010. I'm pretty sure they both gave the same error message. Yes, both are latest demo versions from your site.

wr
Yeah only 20 or so update notices posted by MadGav here in 2011
yeah ... fair enough :oops:

I hadn't checked - apologies to madgav

I was remembering all those years when v little happened with Vaz - and this put me off even though I'm a customer from way back.

And there are lots of ARP plugs now available

(btw my real arp axxe melted down 10 years ago :lol: )
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote:wr
Yeah only 20 or so update notices posted by MadGav here in 2011
yeah ... fair enough :oops:

I hadn't checked - apologies to madgav

I was remembering all those years when v little happened with Vaz - and this put me off even though I'm a customer from way back.

And there are lots of ARP plugs now available

(btw my real arp axxe melted down 10 years ago :lol: )
These days wavetables and plenty of other possibilities added to all versions of Vaz make them much more than just ARP-ish soft synths, I would say. Vaz may or may not have started out more or less like that back in the nineties but it's mutated and expanded way beyond that.

Hi, I just tried the demo in Ableton Live, version 8.2.6 and the plugins don't show in my plugin list.

In Live there is a little known 'force VST rescan' (hold down 'alt' & click on prefs->rescan plugins), which clears any blacklisted dlls.
during the rescan I can see the three .dlls whizz by in the status bar as they get evaluated ... but no sign of them in the VST browser listing appears at the end of it.

I hope I can get these demos running as I've always been curious about vaz modular.
--

[edit] actually perhaps the issue is that the Vaz demo folder doesn't contain an .exe !!! (other than the Uninstall.exe)

so, that's most likely why Live rejects the .dll

----

[edit2]

I tried re-installing the demo, and it does actually create the vazmoddemo.exe , but if I click the exe it deletes itself and throws a "windows cannot find .." error!!

System : Windows7 64bit, install location : E:\programs2\audio\vaz modular\VAZ Modular Demo

---

[edit 3]
tried installing it to the default locations, same thing - click on the exe and it deletes itself!

Hi Angstrom,
angstrom wrote:Hi, I just tried the demo in Ableton Live, version 8.2.6 and the plugins don't show in my plugin list.

I tried re-installing the demo, and it does actually create the vazmoddemo.exe , but if I click the exe it deletes itself and throws a "windows cannot find .." error!!
I'm working on a testing version with extra logging to help with isolating startup crashes, I suspect the plugin is crashing during the scan process. FYI it does run in Live 8.2.x on Win7 x64 here...

I suspect the missing exe is due to your anti-virus deleting it? The tiny exe used to load the main dll appears to be a favourite target of a/v :( Considering a "fat" exe and separate VST plugin dll to get around this...

Martin

Hi Martin,

Good guess!
I use Avast which was set to "silent gaming mode" to suppress talkative popups . I just checked my Avast log and sure enough

unfortunately even after I restore it from the virus chest attempting to run it again Avast keeps deleting it. Despite me adding it to an exclude list.

I'm looking forward to your high-fat exe.

- all the best

Try running once "As administrator" then again without that. Was what I just needed to get going on Windows 8 CP...

Martin

Try the 3.2.3 release, has removed an unnecessary write to the registry which was causing a crash for me on Windows 7/8.

Hi,
I tried the most recent demo last night and it all worked on my Win 7 machine. Hooray !

The only somewhat worrying thing was the giant alert from Comodo
Alert : "TrojWare.Win32.TrojanDownloader.Banload.NTV0@1"

which was a bit off-putting, however I told it that the file was false positive and pushed on. But you may want to investigate why it gives that alert, as I'm still nervously keeping an eye on my processes half-expecting a bogus .dll to start opening ports.

:shock:

I'll play with the demo a bit more and then examine my finances to see if I can now buy the synth itself!

Return to “VAZ Synths”