Vaz and Windows 7 problems

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Martin

I just got a new PC with Windows 7
The very first software i installed was vaz 2010 and Vaz Modular (newest versions)
Installation went fine but i get a crash in Vaz exe when i start the program.
And now when trying to start Vaz 2010 it says "invalid serial number" without doing anything else !!!
I allso tried an older version of Vaz Mod vers. 3.04 and it opens but i get an access violation when trying to close the program.

Anybody using vaz on Windows 7 with no problems ?

I did allso install Pianoteq and it runs with no problems

Kind regards
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

I have Vaz Modular running on Windows 7 without any problems. I don't recall doing anything special to get it to work, not sure I can be of much more help.

Hmm...

The funny thing is i allso did install it on the 32 bit windows 7 at first and had these errors.

I then regret the Win 32 decision and did a clean install on another harddisk with win 7 64 bit and have the same errors !?

It is Windows 7 sp1 and with latest updates
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

shamann wrote:I have Vaz Modular running on Windows 7 without any problems. I don't recall doing anything special to get it to work, not sure I can be of much more help.
Same here, runs smoothly for most of the time on 64-bit Windows 7. Problems are ususally caused by plug-ins. There are the occasional (quite rare) "sharing violations" error messages, which from what I've read seems to be more of a Win7 issue than a Vaz Modular issue and if I just discard them and try again I'll get there after a second or third try. They seem to appear mainly when I run several instances of Vaz Modular, mostly if it's more than three instances.

I did have similar problems (EDIT: as the one with closing the older version) when trying to close the demo, but decided to give the program the benefit of a doubt as it seemed the best software modular for me. Haven't ever regretted that.

Could there be any peculiar bloatware that came along with your computer that may cause problems? Just a suggestion, sorry if you've allready thought of that or did a clean install or something.
Last edited by Gone soft on Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

I had to install Vaz in administrator mode in Win7 32 bit for it to work properly. I possiblyI disabled UAC also
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Could there be any peculiar bloatware that came along with your computer that may cause problems? Just a suggestion, sorry if you've allready thought of that or did a clean install or something.
I installed Vaz as the very first program after a clean Windows 7 install and i had the same errors on both a clean 32 and 64 bit install.

I hope Martin will chime in here with something
Any help is really appreciated
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Okay

I have tried to choose install as administrator and somehow it works now
The problem with the "wrong serial" was my own fault beacause i used the old one for Vaz 2001 and not 2010
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Hi Ole,

My expectation is that each VAZ product should install on Win7 without needing to run the setup "as administrator", but glad that you got it running. The installer should ask to run as administrator anyway so manually doing that shouldn't make any difference...

I suspect the problem you had was related to file permissions on the settings file, these can be found at i.e.:
C:\ProgramData\VAZ Synths\VazMod\VazMod.ini

If you right-click and select Properties, then on the Security tab the permissions for Users should have Full Control, Modify and Write ticked in solid black.

Can you confirm that you were installing VazMod 3.20 (not beta)?

Martin

Hi Martin

Yes i did install Vazmod 3.2
I really can't get it why it didn't work in the first place(s) !?

By the way, i just realized that i have used vaz 2010 in 10 years now !!
And i still have no needs to get a another synth for old "analog" sounds, that's fantastic ! You really did a good job :)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Return to “VAZ Synths”