FIXED: gui doesn't send vst parameter automation. Vaz plus

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

re vaz plus 2.1.1

Is it me or shouldn't I be able to record live tweaks done on the gui?

most synths send parameter automation when when say moving the filter slider that can be recorded into my daw.

I seem to remember it working but it doesn't seem happy anymore.

Has it broken in a recent patch?

Kind regards,
Mike

hmmn just rolled back to 2.02 and the automation works there. I might just stick with that but it's a shame to loose the oversampling and the sequencer swing from 2.1.1.

I am using muzys as my daw so I wouldn't ask you to break it in current daws to keep compatibility with older ones.

Be great if it could be made to work in both ;)

Let me know if i can help with testing

2.1.1 automation broken for me

2.1.0 demo same

so I conclude that it is something to do with the switch to the VAZ Modular 3 codebase that broke automation in my daw (muzys). As this is a very old host i will stick with 2.02.

Mike

It's an unintended consequence of the updating, will look at fixing it.

Martin

that would be fantastic Martin. Testament to your skills and ear that people still use vaz after all the years. Best 15 quid I ever spent ;)

Have found and fixed this, released in 2.1.3

Martin

Hi Martin,

That seems much better. I haven't had a complete test, just a quick noodle before work.

Is the Osc 2 wave selector automating correctly for you? It records for me but doesn't seem to transmit for all of the wave shapes. When I step up to sync and down again sequentially (just by clicking up then down with record on), it misses the second and fourth wave shapes? It's like it's not sending parameter automation for square or .wav.

Oscillator tuning seems to use the same type of slider and seems to work fine? Might just be me.

Will give it a proper work out tonight.

Thanks a million for your help,
Best,
Mike

mmelon wrote:Is the Osc 2 wave selector automating correctly for you? It records for me but doesn't seem to transmit for all of the wave shapes. When I step up to sync and down again sequentially (just by clicking up then down with record on), it misses the second and fourth wave shapes? It's like it's not sending parameter automation for square or .wav.
The values sent were slightly out, right at one end of the range for the discrete values and rounding errors were leaving the value just on the wrong side of the line in some cases... this will be fixed in the next release, for now you just need to tweak automation values to be marginally higher than the recorded ones.

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”