FIXED: Vaz+ doesn't work with ASIO anymore

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I downloaded the newest version and installed it over V2.02. VST works fine, also standalone with Directsound driver, albeit with horrendous latency. As soon as I change the standalone version to ASIO and unmute, there is an access violation in Vazpluscore.dll and a message box about an unknown ASIO error which keeps on popping up.
System is Win7 with an Emu1820m. All my other Synths work fine in standalone mode.
Any ideas?
Where's the guitar solo?

Officially speaking Plus doesn't support ASIO, but v2.1 is built on the same codebase as 2010 v2.1 *hint*.

Did achievable DirectSound latency leap up with Win7? Should be "OK" with any old soundcard...

Martin

[quote="MadGav"]Officially speaking Plus doesn't support ASIO, but v2.1 is built on the same codebase as 2010 v2.1 *hint*.

Did achievable DirectSound latency leap up with Win7? Should be "OK" with any old soundcard...

Martin[/quote]

This comes as a surprise as Version 2.02 worked fine with ASIO on Win XP as well as 7. Therefore I can't actually say wether latency changed as I never used Directsound before. I'll check tonight how low a latency I can get.
Where's the guitar solo?

I solved the problem by downloading the VAZ 2010 demo, installing it and then exchanging the newer VAZAudioAsio.dll for the older one in my Vaz+ folder.
Where's the guitar solo?

Have added the ASIO support dlls to the VAZ Plus 2.1.3 installer, so it's now there as standard.

Return to “VAZ Synths”