Top of your VazMod wish lists Easter 2011?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mojogigolo wrote:
MadGav wrote:
mojogigolo wrote:id like to see a retrig on the grain oscillator (so it retriggers the 'frame' on input) - would allow for good reproduction of transients in tight timing without having to revert to tiny window sizes.
I wonder if this is actually a different module fighting to get out... kind of sample playback with a quantized start position. So you could load a loop, set the quantization to 16 "slices" then a trigger would kick playback to the position controlled by a slice input.

Martin
re the first point - to some degree it is present (but awkward). If you make a 'wavetable' thats actually a drum loop, then set the loop point to an 8th/16th/ whatever, you can trigger individual measures (but they loop on completion, meaning slower tempo from the original sounds all ugly and out of time).

thats all a huge pain in the ass though.

so YES - more granular resequencing modules would be unbelievable - im sick of the quantising and thinking im putting into remixing loops with the current grain osc. You can go full scale autechre-style glitch with vaz, but thats not well reflected in the presets or docs.

also - hell yes to your new module above - perfect. :D
now if you are going to do a wave table like that you need to do it in 1bar so that when you change to the next bar it plays exactly after the previous bar this way you can have several bars that you modulate this is how i do it on a asr10 you have 6-8 variations and use the mod wheel to chop the breaks

shamann wrote:
MadGav wrote:
shamann wrote:I'd love a pulse-driven gate sequencer module. I find the sequencer row at times a little awkward to work with, it'd be great to have an 8 or 16 step row of on/off buttons, like a single row of the Trigger Sequencer, but as a module, with clock in triggered on rising edge of the input signal.
How about this?

Has outputs for each row and a 3rd for both rows (i.e. 16 steps).

Martin
Perfect.

[edit]Upon second consideration, would the addition of the option to specify sequence step length ( 1 to 8 ) be feasible? Could easily be done with an external Reset signal, but it would simplify to have it internal to the module.
Have had a rethink... will add a Stages control (1-16), and reduce to 2 outputs: Output A will run from 1-16, Output B will run from 9-8 i.e. 8 steps off from A. So for up to 8 stages the sequences won't overlap. Also considering an option to disable looping so it could be used as a burst generator.

[Edit] Also a Stage 1 output could be useful for i.e. stepping a switch to use multiple modules to make longer sequences.

Martin

MadGav wrote: Also considering an option to disable looping so it could be used as a burst generator.
That's a fantastic idea. Would need a trigger input added, I presume.

shamann wrote:Would need a trigger input added, I presume.
No need, run a clock into Step as usual and Reset will trigger it.

Martin

Hi!

Maybe it's too late for easter-surprises now ;) ...but I wonder if the 'Glide' could have a second mode, wich could be more discrete than the existing one. I find the glide a little bit too aggressive when used with fast envelope amp- and filterattack.

Best regards,
Kire

Kire wrote:Maybe it's too late for easter-surprises now ;) ...but I wonder if the 'Glide' could have a second mode, wich could be more discrete than the existing one. I find the glide a little bit too aggressive when used with fast envelope amp- and filterattack.
I could maybe do something if I could translate this into a concrete change in behaviour... any chance you can come up with an example patch to show off what you don't like?

Martin

Sure Martin! :)

Here's a little CS-80 improvisation just for you!

I like the glide, no doubt about it, but in some situations there's a need for a bit more discrete portamento. In this clip you can hear the glide going up and down heavily with only a value of 1.

http://www.box.net/shared/f2v1b58e4c

/Kire

Kire wrote:in some situations there's a need for a bit more discrete portamento. In this clip you can hear the glide going up and down heavily with only a value of 1.
I think you mean discreet? Not listened to the clip yet, but it sounds like the glide time slider is lacking resolution at the low end (i.e. the discrete steps are too far apart).

Martin

Yes, discreet :)

Kire wrote:in some situations there's a need for a bit more discrete portamento. In this clip you can hear the glide going up and down heavily with only a value of 1.
I've just been trying this out... to get an idea of what is fast enough please can you try making portamento using a Slew Limiter B module with Rate set to 1. This will be a bit faster than the CV Converter Glide set to 1, but is it enough faster to make a practical difference? (Needing more just makes the change a bit more work...)

Martin

MadGav wrote:
I've just been trying this out... to get an idea of what is fast enough please can you try making portamento using a Slew Limiter B module with Rate set to 1. This will be a bit faster than the CV Converter Glide set to 1, but is it enough faster to make a practical difference? (Needing more just makes the change a bit more work...)

Martin
Hi Martin!

I'll try that tonight :)

Kire wrote:
MadGav wrote:

Martin
Hi Martin!

I'll try that tonight :)
Hi Martin!

I think it works fine as it is! No need to change this.

Would it be possible to have a modulation option for the detune-amount in the Multi-saw osc?

Kire wrote:I think it works fine as it is! No need to change this.

Would it be possible to have a modulation option for the detune-amount in the Multi-saw osc?
OK will extend the glide range to match 1 on the slew limiter.

Adding detune modulation to the multi-saw osc should not be a problem.

Martin

would be great to see the glitch tempo pushed out to it can record more than 4 beats (8 would do, anything above would be a bonus).

also, pitch control on the glitch pitch would be good (the pitch of the recorded audio, not the frequency of the looping itself).
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

mojogigolo wrote:would be great to see the glitch tempo pushed out to it can record more than 4 beats (8 would do, anything above would be a bonus).
This is on my near-future list of things to look at, my first thought was "too RAM hungry", but there should be a reasonable trade-off possible.
mojogigolo wrote:also, pitch control on the glitch pitch would be good (the pitch of the recorded audio, not the frequency of the looping itself).
You mean dub delay kind of thing? Main limitation would be the the first period after the glitch is triggered is live audio so could not change speed...

Martin

Return to “VAZ Synths”