Top of your VazMod wish lists Easter 2011?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

olepro - you are right. if i make a massively convoluted synth, if i dont wring a great sound from it on that first session, ill have to re-learn/ remember the signal flow and functions when i return to it, if i bother.

bad news is, i raised the idea of 'container' modules a while back, and gav said he didnt think it possible to do, given the current nature of the program.

shame, though. Given the tiny CPU load of vaz on modern computers, the only thing stopping me from making 1000 piece constructions is my own inability to keep track of signal flow. I made a 400 piece drum sampler once, and it worked well and sounded amazing, but no one other than me would ever have persevered in working out its function.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

shamann wrote:I'd love a pulse-driven gate sequencer module. I find the sequencer row at times a little awkward to work with, it'd be great to have an 8 or 16 step row of on/off buttons, like a single row of the Trigger Sequencer, but as a module, with clock in triggered on rising edge of the input signal.
How about this?

Has outputs for each row and a 3rd for both rows (i.e. 16 steps).

Martin

bluedad wrote:the last time I looked the tutorial wasn't even complete.
Maybe I need a 'Vaz for Idiots' book.
But really it's made somewhat in jest, I'd rather Gavin spend the time on the software and considering others input.
Pretty rubbish that... really should do something about it.

On the book front have you come across the Simon Cann book? But the only review means I get to use the word rubbish twice in one post :D

Martin

Kire wrote:I would like to see a Yamaha CS80/GX-1 filter with highpass 12dB (cutoff&reso) and lowpass 12dB (cutoff&reso). They could share the same modulationroutings and have a global cutoff and reso for some nice bandpass-sweeps!
Setting aside the need for hardware to base a model on... :D Looking at a picture of a CS-80 to appears to have cutoff/res for each filter and modulation which affects both? But that isn't hard to patch with a couple of filter modules and a modulation expander module feeding both if i.e. you want to control mod depth for both at once?
Kire wrote:A big ribbon-controller would also be nice for expressive playing with a multitouch-screen or mouse.
This could be interesting, even if I'd be wanting an iPhone remote version of it...

Martin

whyterabbyt wrote:Lofi bandwidth-decreases-with-rate delays a la BBDs and PT2399-based stuff (ie Bugbrand's PRC1 module and PT1 delay)
Would definitely need reference hardware to get a feel for the sound... have you tried patching a delay module with filters / distortion / etc and an external feedback loop?

Martin

I think Kire would like to have the CS-80 filter modelled in VAZ, at least that's how I read his post.

jammie1 wrote:a 12 2pole bandpass formant filter
Example patch please! How would the interface be different from 12 filter modules in a row?

Martin

mojogigolo wrote:id like to see a retrig on the grain oscillator (so it retriggers the 'frame' on input) - would allow for good reproduction of transients in tight timing without having to revert to tiny window sizes.
I wonder if this is actually a different module fighting to get out... kind of sample playback with a quantized start position. So you could load a loop, set the quantization to 16 "slices" then a trigger would kick playback to the position controlled by a slice input.
mojogigolo wrote:the glitch tekpo - would like to see it amped up to be able to record and play back up to 4 bars.
Easy... but... this has the potential to use an excessive amount of memory. Maybe 16s sampling time for up to 32 voices. The module as-is has 2.55s sampling time btw. I was pondering increased sampling time but only when polyphony is low?

Martin

James Johnson wrote:interpolate between waves when scanning waves through the wavetable OSC
Have been discussing wavetables with jammie1 and I'm interested to try this. The code doesn't look that friendly to a quick hack so may take a while...

Martin

MadGav wrote:
shamann wrote:I'd love a pulse-driven gate sequencer module. I find the sequencer row at times a little awkward to work with, it'd be great to have an 8 or 16 step row of on/off buttons, like a single row of the Trigger Sequencer, but as a module, with clock in triggered on rising edge of the input signal.
How about this?

Has outputs for each row and a 3rd for both rows (i.e. 16 steps).

Martin
Perfect.

[edit]Upon second consideration, would the addition of the option to specify sequence step length ( 1 to 8 ) be feasible? Could easily be done with an external Reset signal, but it would simplify to have it internal to the module.
Last edited by shamann on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ASch wrote: Rework the song editor to make it usable.
What is the minimum that would be useful? It would be fairly easy to make a global song window which didn't pay any attention to patterns potentially being different lengths. Basically a grid, a row per sequencer and for each row a line of pattern selection boxes.
bachmaninoff wrote:And naturally, this feature could also find it's way into Vaz 2010, yes?
Don't think that would be a technical problem at all.

Martin

olepro wrote:One output pr. mixer channel.
The 32-output VSTi? Channel 1 to main output, 2-15 to sub outputs?
olepro wrote:Controller module designer
Not a *small* request ;)

Martin

MadGav wrote:Easy... but... this has the potential to use an excessive amount of memory. Maybe 16s sampling time for up to 32 voices. The module as-is has 2.55s sampling time btw. I was pondering increased sampling time but only when polyphony is low?
Can't make it so that each voice references the same sample in memory? Then it wouldn't be as excessive memory-wise, it would be a long sample, and a real-time updated list of pointers to location in the sample. No?

shamann wrote:[edit]Upon second consideration, would the addition of the option to specify sequence step length ( 1 to 8 ) be feasible? Could easily be done with an external Reset signal, but it would simplify to have it internal to the module.
Yes, definitely have it internal (AND modulatable)! Also up to 32 steps, please!

MadGav wrote:
James Johnson wrote:interpolate between waves when scanning waves through the wavetable OSC
Have been discussing wavetables with jammie1 and I'm interested to try this. The code doesn't look that friendly to a quick hack so may take a while...

Martin

Eager to try this, I love PPG/Waldorf stuff! Would there be a limit of how many waves per wavetable? I think 128 is a good upper limit.

Return to “VAZ Synths”