UI Overhaul?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I love Vaz... the UIs are a bit long in the tooth. They lack simple things like good preset browsers, etc.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I agree, but I have very little time available for VAZ and I don't believe enough to tackle a UI overhaul.

Martin

MadGav wrote:I agree, but I have very little time available for VAZ and I don't believe enough to tackle a UI overhaul.

Martin
Well, I can appreciate not having time for development, and I like the fact that you're still adding new modules, couldn't we have something like a next/prev preset button... or having it conform to the VST standard where you can change the preset in the DAW's UI?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

MadGav wrote:I agree, but I have very little time available for VAZ and I don't believe enough to tackle a UI overhaul.

Martin
If any work was going to be done on the interface, I'd vote for reworking the song editor - it's not at all easy to work with, I find myself with sheets of graph paper trying to keep track of how the different sequencers are related...

Andreas

Martin
It's hard to hear you say that when you still charge £200 for it. If you believe so little, drop the price to £20 and let the masses move in. Share the source code, get some people involved. Vaz is definitely one of the finest bits of audio software every created so it would be a big shame if it just gradually faded away.

Good point there, especially with pricing. VAZ is great, but newer VSTs like u-he ACE (at only 69€!) are also excellent-sounding!

Sourcing the code to someone could definitely bring VAZ to the modern age of softsynths. Yes, I don't particularly like its interface too. But I like the sound. I feel UI stuff should be improved or changed completely, as well.

A lot more people would buy it if it was reduced to u-he Zebra pricing level ($199 + 19% VAT) = approx £140.....I might buy it (again!) at that price :hihi:

Then it could go back to original pricing for v4.....if it ever comes out

Perhaps, a group buy is an option....but I know some developers really dislike such marketing tactics

Apart from the dummy window, I quite like the GUI of VAZ. Very business-like.

And to be fair, VAZ Plus at £40 is surely not far from ACE and Firebird in the mid range sound wise? (although big step up to Modular)

As for the preset system, this is so close to being perfect as once in the windows dialog in the patch list editor, patches can be auditioned by clicking anywhere or cycled with the arrow keys (at least for VAZ 2010). A shortcut to the dialog is all that's really needed and surely doable?

[quote="zerocrossing"][quote="MadGav"]I agree, but I have very little time available for VAZ and I don't believe enough to tackle a UI overhaul.

Martin[/quote]

Well, I can appreciate not having time for development, and I like the fact that you're still adding new modules, couldn't we have something like a next/prev preset button... or having it conform to the VST standard where you can change the preset in the DAW's UI?[/quote]

+1000!

Return to “VAZ Synths”